Is there one? I'm set on buying one, but if there is a similar alternative that's better I'm all ears.
peavey vypyr series
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
peavey vypyr series

This, or line 6 III series.

THIS --------^---------- was a joke. Get the peavey.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by Telestar
That's a practice amp though, isn't it?

So is the Cube, to be honest.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Vox Valvetronix series.

I don't get why everyone goes on about the Vypyr. I played one today for the first time, and even after fiddling with it for half an hour I couldn't get a tone I liked out of it. I would almost rather have a Spider.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by aznrockerdude
So is the Cube, to be honest.

Not at all man. My friend has one and it is definitely gig-worthy. I don't like Peavey's because I've heard they are unreliable.
Quote by shadow__666
Vox Valvetronix series.

Ok I'll check it out.
Quote by Telestar
Not at all man. My friend has one and it is definitely gig-worthy. I don't like Peavey's because I've heard they are unreliable.

Not at all, my 5150 is 11 years old with the stock tubes and it's still working fine, almost like new, I honestly haven't check out the vypyrs, but I think the tube models might be gig worthy, the 60 and 120. Check em out too. But the cube is a great amp as well.
Quote by Telestar

Ok I'll check it out.

since when did peavey make unreliable amps??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Telestar

thats certainly not a good reason to be turned off of peavey's, my favorite amps. the vypyrs still have some bugs to be fixed out, but let your ears do the vypyr vs cube decision, and if it breaks, bring it back
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
From what i hear they both good..

and instead of asking us let your ears decide unless you cant try them out its fine :L

uhm cube is really strong from what i hear.

and the cube 60 has heaps of outputs...

and it can drive a 4 x 12 cabniet...
Yeah I'll probably listen to how close the Vypyr is to the Cube. I saw a few demos of the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, and it seemed pretty good. I think I'll narrow it down to the Vox and the Cube. Since the Vox has 10 watts less, is that a significant amount quieter than the Cube 60?
No it's not and I wouldn't discount the Vypyr either as they do a 75w version so that's more than your Cube. It is, in fairness, more expensive but then it does an awful lot more than the Cube and isn't that much different in price to the Valvetronix. Seriously, check it out and I think you'll be surprised.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
No it's not and I wouldn't discount the Vypyr either as they do a 75w version so that's more than your Cube. It is, in fairness, more expensive but then it does an awful lot more than the Cube and isn't that much different in price to the Valvetronix. Seriously, check it out and I think you'll be surprised.

Alright thanks bro.
Also, the Vypyr 75 is actually cheaper than the Cube, so that's a plus I guess.
Depending on what you play the Valvetronix could be better. It all really depends on your style of music and your budget.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Telestar
Alright thanks bro.
Also, the Vypyr 75 is actually cheaper than the Cube, so that's a plus I guess.

That's amazing as here in the UK I can get a Cube 60 for £150 while a Vypyr 75w is £250, which makes sense as it does so much more than the Cube. If it's cheaper than the Cube it's certainly worth a serious look.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Depending on what you play the Valvetronix could be better. It all really depends on your style of music and your budget.

I play Underoath type stuff. Also, I'm not giving myself a real budget so I can look at the sound, not price. I would like it to be around the same price as the Cube though.