I play almost anything, but i want to push my technical boundaries to the limit.
It is, Joe Satriani doesn't take any nonsense when it comes to his gear, it's going to be an amazing guitar. Also, since you're looking at Ibanez, I'll say Jackson Soloist, just to annoy you.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Yeah the Joe Satriani is a great guitar. Perfect for like everything from metal to shred. It's a good buy.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by Hairboi_
I've been looking at the JS1000 for £1099, good choice?

If you can spend that much on a guitar and get something you don't like then you picked the wrong guitar.

Make absolutely certain you test the guitar THOROUGHLY before parting with your cash.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Find a nice guitar that you an test before you buy. Ask them about a Jackson slsmg, you will NOT be sorry.
Quote by Hairboi_
Well no place near me has it.

I'll say it again: MAKE SURE YOU TEST THE GUITAR!

If you're dropping that much cash then you have to make sure you're getting something you'll like; if I was spending that much money I'd test it thoroughly and make damn sure I didn't even let them go and get a different guitar of the same model for me, if I try a guitar I want THAT guitar.

Try before you buy. ALWAYS.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Try this instead:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/nitefly-m/3200

Extremely playable and very versatile, plus great specs (one-piece mahogany body, piezos, carbon, locking tuners etc, lockable trem..) and under your budget.

The JS is fairly overpriced, considering it's a fairly basswood bodied Ibanez, and the smaller frets and vintage radius are fairly Joe-specific features that may well put you off.
Your loss

Well, if you want a signature Ibanez, the PGM301 is the best value for money they do IMO.