Right now i have a squier p bass, and I have saved up $650 for a new bass. I play mostly rock and alternative (The Killers, Kings of Leon, RHCP, Weezer, Metallica). I am looking for a bass that is made by a brand that has good quality control, good looks, and is versatile. Thanks
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
ibanez sr500, or save up a little more and get the fender aerodyne
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
how about the ibanez btb200, its $649, looks great, feels awesome. i recently bought one and it hasnt let me down.
Quote by Guitar_Jester
What about a Fender P-Bass?

this
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
T S would like a smooth thump by the sounds of things.

SR500, P-bass, maybe a Schecter.

those basses can do that admirably, especially the P.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Nope, no sig here.
On a scale of 1 to "look into the Fender Jazz 24", I rate these recommendations a 7.009.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
....look at his budget.

If he's buying used, or somehow getting another $100, he can do a lot better than the Jazz 24.

edit: I should be asleep...practice tomorrow...
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by Mutant Corn
....look at his budget.

If he's buying used, or somehow getting another $100, he can do a lot better than the Jazz 24.

edit: I should be asleep...practice tomorrow...

This!

TS, look into Craigslist, TalkBass, and other classifieds. If you are willing to buy used you could easily get a Warwick, American/Japanese Fender, Spector, other nice bass.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by thefitz
On a scale of 1 to "look into the Fender Jazz 24", I rate these recommendations a 7.009.

I played a Jazz 24 and I was not happy with it at all, I wouldn't reccomend it. It might have been the Quarter Pounders in it that I hated, though.
I thought the 4 was 650 and the 5 was 699. Hmmm. But anyway, I thought it was a solid, nice playing bass with some great features and looks for the price.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
They are good, don't get me wrong, but look at what else is on this page. There's quite a few better options there, no? And that's just what's on Musician's Friend.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 30, 2008,