Hi guys, i've got a Laney VC15 and that uses a 10" inch speaker that from everything i've heard isnt very good to begin with.

At the moment i've shaped my tone to something i'm pretty happy with but i would like it to push a bit more sound because my brother is a particularly loud drummer.

I made this thread to ask how much of a volume increase a 2x12 cab would have on the whole set-up and also what speakers would be best for the cab.

Thanks guys
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Not sure. Bump. Does that amp have a Cab Line Out? If not, you can mod it to take a cab, but you will prob lose the combo's speaker. not sure.

yeah, 8 ohms i think which is why i'm wondering, and yes it does cut out the combo speaker (not too concerned about that though)
Combo will usually serve you better, unless you play some MONSTER gigs.

Also, maybe speaker replacement? Celestions, anyone?
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by Diamond Dave
yeah, 8 ohms i think which is why i'm wondering, and yes it does cut out the combo speaker (not too concerned about that though)

If you have a cab out option at 8 ohms then get a 212 cab at 8 mono and you're good to go. You will use your combo's amp section as a head obvioulsy.

Clipzorz?
It shouldn't cut out the speaker from the amp. I use my 2x12 Traynor and its 2x12 extension like a half stack, and it works great. The LC 15 would sound good with a decent extension cab hooked up to it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by thementor
Combo will usually serve you better, unless you play some MONSTER gigs.

Also, maybe speaker replacement? Celestions, anyone?

yeah i've already got the combo man, its serving me very well but a little bit quiet because my drummer really hits hard. did think of a speaker swap but wasnt that keen on a 10" speaker.

thanks for all the other input guys, so it will make a noticeable difference to how easy it is to hear the amp with the drums?
If you like the tone but not the volume, then you should consider a Laney VC30. Loud enough for gigs aswell.