Page 1 of 2
hopefully it'll have an alder body as per his actual bass than the basswood body of his original sig model
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
hopefully it'll have an alder body as per his actual bass than the basswood body of his original sig model

I really dunno about that, I'll keep digging. But even if it is basswood it was a bass so sweet that it started to cripple the Standard P-Bass sales...
unless they price it in almost direct competition with the standard p bass i don't think it'll cripple the sales

it's not like it's hard or that expensive to slap a BA2 and some quarter pounders into a p bass so i don't see the steve harris sig putting a stop to that and as sweet as that metallic blue is it's not going to be for everyone
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
unless they price it in almost direct competition with the standard p bass i don't think it'll cripple the sales

it's not like it's hard or that expensive to slap a BA2 and some quarter pounders into a p bass so i don't see the steve harris sig putting a stop to that and as sweet as that metallic blue is it's not going to be for everyone

Well that's one of the reasons the stopped making it. It was IIRC around the same price of the GL Jazz bass. And it's the cheapest alternative to get a maple fretboard if you don't want an american bass or something different (as in P-bass special or with other pickups or active, etc).

To me it's one of the greatest points. The fretboard.
i agree personally i don't think fender should use rosewood as a fretboard, maple is so much nicer.

but if that's what happened with the first model i doubt they'll make the same mistake twice. i think they'll price it as either a more expensive MIA model or as an MIK model priced similarly to the Jazz 24
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Quote by skater dan0
i agree personally i don't think fender should use rosewood as a fretboard, maple is so much nicer.

but if that's what happened with the first model i doubt they'll make the same mistake twice. i think they'll price it as either a more expensive MIA model or as an MIK model priced similarly to the Jazz 24

My money is on that they will use an alder body and make it MIA or MIA priced, maybe MIK as you say.
yeah i'm leaning more to MIA aswell but it's not beyond Fender to release an MIM or MIK sig model, Duff sig, Mike Dirnt sig and so on
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Maybe producing it in Japan like the Geddy signature would help it sell well. It couldn't hurt the production quality, either. I also second the Alder notion with respect to the body; well, that or some kind of nice Ash.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Its nice they're bringing it back. Steve Harris is a beast and I think has at least a little influence on all bass players once they get into a more heavy rock.

But I don't think it'll be a very high end MIA model. Most Iron Maiden fanboys can't afford that, and it isn't THAT unique a design such as a MM or Urge II.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Its nice they're bringing it back. Steve Harris is a beast and I think has at least a little influence on all bass players once they get into a more heavy rock.

But I don't think it'll be a very high end MIA model. Most Iron Maiden fanboys can't afford that, and it isn't THAT unique a design such as a MM or Urge II.

if they take off the Mark Hoppus bass, this may be a great fill in... IMO.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I hope the Steve Harris isn't like the recent 80's metal sig basses - i.e. MIM, as per Duff and Bello. I all but guarantee it will be.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by skater dan0

Really? I prefer rosewood. Probably why they make both
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
'Bout time. There were people all over their own forum a while back requesting them to reissue it. Where's the 'Hammers sticker in the pic tho'?
There was a guy selling a "Harris Replica" on eBay not so long ago. Turned out he'd bought an MIA P with a maple neck, replaced the neck wi a rosewood one, thrown on the reqired hardware, paid someone lots to custom paint it and create him a scratchplate. He was asking stupid money for it; it gave me a laugh for 5...wish I'd cached it.
Quote by mrbiscuits315

That's the old one, as is the picture in the original page.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Thats pretty sick. I think a rosewood fretboard would suit him more though.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
no cream with painted west ham binding?

that's queer.
i love 'arry's bass now.
why remake his old one?
Quote by watchingmefall
Read again.

All we know of the newbie is that it too will be finished in metallic blue
__
im guessing they are not going to do it cream as some people might (and probably wont) like west ham. it might hurt the sales.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by watchingmefall
You'd be surprised how many things can change at NAMM, no matter how certain they think they are.

you'd better be right.
fake binding is supersexy
Quote by skater dan0
metallic blue is it's not going to be for everyone

I don't like metallic blue. But I may buy a version and paint it sometime.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by Gofer boy
I think I found it
Alder body, maple neck, looks sweet. Can't find a price though, anyone how much it'll cost, in British pounds please.

That's sexy. I don't really like the sparkles, and I wish the pickguard was the right color. Though it is pretty cool that they everything else is completely up to spec, down to the strings themselves
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Quote by Gofer boy
I think I found it
Alder body, maple neck, looks sweet. Can't find a price though, anyone how much it'll cost, in British pounds please.

that thing is ugly as sin. The metallic paint looks so damn cheap it's not even funny, it's like they got a P bass and chucked a couple of cans of Plastikote on it. The mirror pickguard doesn't compliment it at all, it might look passable in person but those pics make it look like ****.

I suppose fender weren't stupid this time and made it from alder instead of basswood. but still if it costs more than £150 more than it's non sig counterpart whether that be MIA, MIM or CIJ it's not worth it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Well that's a disappointment, I agree with you Dan, it looks cheap.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
...in one photo on the Fender website. We'll see if it looks cheap when it's in your hands. Until then, I wonder where it's made, and how much it'll cost. My guess? MIM, and priced like the Duff or Bello sigs.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Fender use that site to advertise so it's in their best interests to show that bass in it's best possible light. If those pictures are that bass in it's best possible light then there's no hope for it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Some things just look better in person, regardless. That's all, really.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
the creme ones nicer they should make it maybe without the west ham sticker but the colors for sure would be cool. even though i hate that pickguard always have always will
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by thefitz
Some things just look better in person, regardless. That's all, really.

This. I know they try to make it look as good as possible, but some things just don't come across on camera.
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
this thing is ridiculously priced, just found it here in the uk for £1100! I was thinking about getting this but what a rip off. I could get a MIA precision and customise it myself for less than that!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79547

I mean, come on. I could have a rickenbacker for £100 more. I can't see them selling many though, they should have made it in mexico to keep the price down a bit like the other signatures they make. If it was around the £500 mark (which I was expecting it to be) I would have one tomorrow but £1100!?
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Last edited by stevo192 at Jan 12, 2009,
£1100 for an MIJ?! You could buy a standard MIA and mod it to those specs for less!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Page 1 of 2