i've been playing on the same old Epiphone for 3 years, it's getting old... i'm looking into spending some money to get a new one. but as you probably guessed, i'm not rich. what i really want is a Gibson les paul, but those are HELLA expensive.

i was looking into a Epiphone Les Paul, i heard (and played them) they seem good for a fraction of the price.

it's only $589 at musiciansfriend. so what do you guys think?

i play some metal (bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold), and some power stuff (fall out boy, the used ect.)
For the stuff you play you should probably get more of a metal guitar like a Jackson, Ibanez, Schecter, B.C. Rich, or ESP.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
For the stuff you play you should probably get more of a metal guitar like a Jackson, Ibanez, Schecter, B.C. Rich, or ESP.

+1

You gonna want a tremelo bridge?
Love is my religion
I've heard a lot of people who like their Epis for metal & rock.

Personally, I like my Dean EVO Special Select, which is in about the same price range- its never disappointed me playing the harder stuff. And it is sort of a LP type body. I also have a Time Capsule Cadillac, but I understand the entry- and mid-level versions also pack a punch.
Fall Out Buy and The Used are Pop. If you want to get both pop, and metal tones, then get the Les Paul.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
what's your amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you might want to upgrade your amp first
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
my amp, i play on a 130W marshall and sometimes when i want to use my crazy effect pedals i use my 75W orange (it just sounds better. =])
Quote by falloutboy32
my amp, i play on a 130W marshall and sometimes when i want to use my crazy effect pedals i use my 75W orange (it just sounds better. =])

Model names would be rather helpful.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
what are the amps specifically?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
not sure which model amps you mean. are those peak watts?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i know. it's just that sometimes, when you try to get certain tones, upgrading your amp makes more sense.

especially when dealing with a practice amp.

anyway, epiphone guitars are fine as long as it's a step up from what you're using now. (so are agile, washburn, schecter, and others)

i suggest you also look at used guitars.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by falloutboy32
hell if i know. haha. sorry, im not helpful... haha. i'm looking for guitars anyway!

._.

If your amps sound bad, no matter what guitar you get, it'll sound bad. How do you not know the amp model? I find it unbelievable, mainly because Orange and Marshall sell fairly expensive amps, and not knowing what you buy at such a price range is pretty damn strange.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

the only reason i have those 2 amps are because they were passed to me form my uncle that passed a year ago... my guitar is just getting old, and i'v deecided i want a new one.
Just another to add to the list for consideration: the Fernandes Ravelle

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/rvlx.html

The Ravelle X is the starter version, at around $300, and they go up from there.

I've seen them used in a variety of genres- they're pretty nice. One of my favorite guitarists in terms of using a wide sonic palette is Reves Gabrels- David Bowie's guitarist for Tin Machine. Ditto Paige Hamilton of Helmet and Fripp and Belew of King Crimson fame.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 29, 2008,
get a les paul, they're awesome. i have a bunch of copies, and an epiphone plus top. it's so good...
Quote by falloutboy32
the only reason i have those 2 amps are because they were passed to me form my uncle that passed a year ago... my guitar is just getting old, and i'v deecided i want a new one.

you could just check the back of the amp....
anywho, i agree with jenny, go used
if you can find one, a schecter c-1 plus
and fallout boy is most certainly not power....lol