Hey UG,

So I have 450 right now and I'm selling my old Peavey head and 2x12 cab for 800 bucks. I play Classical, Funk, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Latin, Fusion, Polyrhythmic Death Metal and Shred - In no particular order. I listen to players like John Petrucci, Guthrie Govan, Allen Hinds, Shawn Lane ect...

And basically I'm looking for a amp that could get a great clean tone somewhat like a Fender and/or Vox clean and Distortion like a Mesa Boogie Mark II C+, Mark IV, Mark III Red Stripe. As you may see I don't have the budget of any of these amps. I'll have about 1250 bucks at the end of the sold Peavey of mine.

Also I live in Canada and they don't sell B-52 Amps, if they did I would prob already have one:P. And finally Since with all Dollar is all over the place, the prices are a bit more expensive in Canada (100-200 bucks) so if you guys have any recommendations please feel free to drop a line.

Thanks alot.
TJP

**EDIT**
I for got to add, I would prefer if it's a Tube combo, 30-60 watts
thanks again.
Last edited by tenaciousjp at Dec 28, 2008,
Nice non-tube (sorry) is a Line 6 Flextone. 3 is the newest and easily affordable. It's a 2x2 and a modeler which would be GREAT for all the different styles you play. You can get any tone you want. The manual says what amp model is what. I know for a fact you can get an old '65 twin rev for your clean tone and a mesa dual or trip for your heavy settings. Along with a bunch of other classic amps. So I'd check it out if I were you.
go with a peavey jsx combo or xxx
or an ENGL thunder 50 w/ reverb
or an orange rockerverb

EDIT
go to musiciansfriend.com and look for the b-52 i know that they will ship to canada
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Dec 28, 2008,
You should quite easily be able to pick up a Mark III combo for that price...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
what kind of guitar do you have ? you could order a carvin legacy combo, they got a very cool clean channel, not a heavy metal amp but with a good dist or od pedal, you can get a satch like sound.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
go with a peavey jsx combo or xxx
or an ENGL thunder 50 w/ reverb
or an orange rockerverb

the ENGL goes for 1399 + tax at the cheapest store where i live and thats the one without reverb

Friend of mine had a JSX it didnt feel right with me, it wasnt a bad amp it wasnt for me, same with the rockerverb
Quote by Ibzman
what kind of guitar do you have ? you could order a carvin legacy combo, they got a very cool clean channel, not a heavy metal amp but with a good dist or od pedal, you can get a satch like sound.

I have a few,
My main Axe is a Original 1990 Ibanez RG770DXLB
My second one is a Ibanez rg370
Epi G-310 with locking tuners and bone nut.
EDIT
go to musiciansfriend.com and look for the b-52 i know that they will ship to canada
hahaha yeah tried that the combo doesnt sell to canada and plus shipping and customs would charge a crap load for it. i would get the 212 combo too.
Quote by x_live4guitar_x
It's a 2x2 and a modeler

Tiny speakers
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by x_live4guitar_x
Nice non-tube (sorry) is a Line 6 Flextone. 3 is the newest and easily affordable. It's a 2x2 and a modeler which would be GREAT for all the different styles you play. You can get any tone you want. The manual says what amp model is what. I know for a fact you can get an old '65 twin rev for your clean tone and a mesa dual or trip for your heavy settings. Along with a bunch of other classic amps. So I'd check it out if I were you.

I tried almost all of the line 6 line:P
line 6 valve spider
line 6 flextone
line 6 HD head and the vetta didnt like any of them.
does the engl thunder clean up very well by rolling the volume down?
cuz it only has one gain knob for all 3 channels to share:S
Dude I also need help in this area.
I'm looking for something pretty dang similar to what you're looking for.
I really want a Mesa Boogie but they're just too expensive.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by kirkadolph

get a b-52 the poor man's mesa
feel free to add me
Quote by kirkadolph

yeah but assuming you live in the U.S you have the upper hand of a crap load of B-52's. I on the other hand don't have that option because they dont sell them to canada
B-52 is not the poor man's Mesa.

I dunno who started that, but they should be shot.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
B-52 is not the poor man's Mesa.

I dunno who started that, but they should be shot.

i heard it in a video of a guy demoing a B-52 AT100
so what amp is a poor man's mesa ??????
feel free to add me
Quote by tenaciousjp
yeah but assuming you live in the U.S you have the upper hand of a crap load of B-52's. I on the other hand don't have that option because they dont sell them to canada

True. I'm checking these amps out right now and I'm really considering em now. Thanks to the dude who suggested them.

Have you tried Ebay?
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

This I would like to know.
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
I don't Ebay bro

Theres a B-52 AT-212 demo of some little 12 year old kid doing the demo its good check it out.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlMjtws0w0&feature=channel_page

that? I dunno... never played through a mesa that i can remember. I've heard one before but don't remember what it sounds like.
If you were to go used you could pick up a Traynor (aren't they Canadian?) YCV50 I think and a decent OD pedal to get you the metal tones.

I also agree that the B-52 being poor man's Mesa is wide of the mark. But not a bad amp by any means. Have heard some reliability issues.

I really love the Carvin V3 amp - really versatile amp and a great purchase if you can find one and should fit your budget if you save for a bit. The Legacy is another highly recommended (but I haven't played one) so look into that too.

If you save up lots and lots of CAD's then look into London Engineering (or is it London Power - I can never remember!) amps soooo noice amps!

Hope that helps
Really, there aren't any amps that have the Mesa sound, except for a Mesa. If you want the "poor man's Mesa" you buy a Mesa F-30 or DC-3, it's as simple as that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
i would say that you try a Peavey XXX, they can cover a variety of styles. Maybe not the fender cleans though, but close
Agile Septor 6 - flame blue: Tonezone/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG350 in black
Douglas Strat copy w/ flame red and licensed floyd: JB bridge/ProTrack neck

Bugera 333 2x12 combo jj tubes
Epiphone Valve Junior head--modified

Boss SD-1
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

A used Mesa.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...