I just bought a white Harmony Flying V Copy planning to put Duncans on it. It has the trem bridge but when i bought it there wasnt an arm on it. Im planning on buying one but i don't know what size it requires. I'm pretty sure that it's an import but not sure. if you know tell me. any info u have on this guitar would b helpful also
THANKS
What kind of tremolo does it have?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by leephan
I'm pretty sure they only come in one size.

actualy, they dont. My rg550 has a thicker trem arm than my friends 370, and they are both ibanez, so i cant imagine what differences are for different companies. Also, some are threaded, some are ment to be poped in and are kinda shaped like a cable plug...
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by leephan
I'm pretty sure they only come in one size.

i think that its different for an imported guitar than one thats made in the U.S.

to add on it is a threaded hole for it and the bridge is designed like that off a strat. i put a strat trem in it but it doesnt quite fit right
also is it possible to lock the trem so that i stays in tune when i play it?
Quote by mr gOiD
also is it possible to lock the trem so that i stays in tune when i play it?

Take it to a music store and start plugging in tremolo arms till you find one that works.

And it is, but its more setup then anything else. Add more springs to tighten the tremolo, put in a graphite or bone nut, add locking tuners, and it should be pretty good. Still no extreme dive bombing, but much more useable.

Quote by gorkyporky
actualy, they dont. My rg550 has a thicker trem arm than my friends 370, and they are both ibanez, so i cant imagine what differences are for different companies. Also, some are threaded, some are ment to be poped in and are kinda shaped like a cable plug...

this some also screw into the trem while mine simply slides in

Quote by zekk
Take it to a music store and start plugging in tremolo arms till you find one that works.

I cant do that at my local music shop they take all the trem arms off the FR guitars
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
this some also screw into the trem while mine simply slides in

I cant do that at my local music shop they take all the trem arms off the FR guitars

If it has a repair center it should sell replacement arms. Just take it in and ask.

Quote by zekk
If it has a repair center it should sell replacement arms. Just take it in and ask.

Yeah they gotta put all those trem arms they take off the floor guitars somewhere.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Take it to the music shop and ask for a whammy bar or tremolo arm. You'll sound smarter if you say tremolo arm, but they'll know what you want either way. I'm pretty sure they will have one that fits.
Quote by zekk

And it is, but its more setup then anything else. Add more springs to tighten the tremolo, put in a graphite or bone nut, add locking tuners, and it should be pretty good. Still no extreme dive bombing, but much more useable.

so i can lock a strat style bridge? also would a 9volt under the springs make it only push down?
Quote by mr gOiD
so i can lock a strat style bridge? also would a 9volt under the springs make it only push down?

Oh is it a vintage arent those usually fixed? or is it floating?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
You wont be able to lock it per say, like you would be able to on a floating tremolo/floyd rose style. What exactly do you want to do with it, im not sure if you want me to tell you how to make it floyd rose like, or like a fixed bridge

i'm just wondering if theres a way to make it come back into tune after dive bombing or dime squeels. i honestly dont know any tremelo terms, i've been playing or 2 yrs now but im just starting with a trem
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Quote by mr gOiD
i'm just wondering if theres a way to make it come back into tune after dive bombing or dime squeels. i honestly dont know any tremelo terms, i've been playing or 2 yrs now but im just starting with a trem

Depends if it is a vintage trem or a FR style, on your FR style trems they locking nut will keep it in tune but on a vintage trem you should invest in some locking tuners if you havent already.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Wow, $450 for it? That seems really steep to me. I know it's a vintage guitar... but it's a Harmony. The tuners look generic and there's no telling on the tremolo. I wouldn't give $450 for it haha, sry I didn't mean to break your spirits on this thing
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by mr gOiD

i'm not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but you could stop the tremolo by placing wooden blocks in the trem space cavity.

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Jan 19, 2009,