THis is probabbly a reallly dumb question, but i need confirmation

Can i jut put a single pickup in, or do i need to change the whole setup?

and if someone could help me out with how to change em thatd be great.
You can change as many as you want.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Yeah, what he said. You can change one, or two, or three. You can even throw an extra one in between!
You can put in as many pickup's as you want. However, the more you put in, the less control you're going to have over your sound unless you put in about 500 knobs. What were you thinking about doing?
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

i meant just changin it.

its a noob question, i was just confirming, cause ive only got enough for one pickup change, cause im looking for a nice upgrade.
I have a Godin SD with stock pickups, running into a Laney Rx60 (or something like that, might be LX 60)

and im thinking of putting in a Seymour Duncan SSL-1 in neck, seeing as thats my most common pickup, and my current one is kinda lacking.
Quote by forsaknazrael
How is it lacking? I mean, your amp is kinda lame, no offense. With a good amp, you may find it just sounds fine. The amp makes a much biugger difference in tone than a pickup.

I have to agree. Change the amp first. It will make the biggest difference.
First off, i have nothing but good things to say about the amp. I have used many other amps and this is by far my favourite.
Or we can just sit here bashing my **** and not help me out.

The fact of the matter is that i need a new neck pickup. My current one isnt great, and ive known that for a while. ITs made with a high output, and i would like a lower output. Ive got the money for the pickup, not the amp. I'm not looking to change the amp. I like the amp. Seeing as you probably havent played the amp, you telling be that i should spend the money (that i dont have) on a new amp is kind of useless, considering that i like the amp.
Actually, there's a shop near me that carries Laneys....so...
And I'm not bashing, I'm trying to help you make sure your money gets spent wisely. Pickups don't make that much of a change in your tone. Don't get so offended...

If your neck pickup is too hot, lower the pickup height.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/naazrael/pickupheight.jpg
Quote by forsaknazrael
Actually, there's a shop near me that carries Laneys....so...
And I'm not bashing, I'm trying to help you make sure your money gets spent wisely. Pickups don't make that much of a change in your tone. Don't get so offended...

If your neck pickup is too hot, lower the pickup height.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/naazrael/pickupheight.jpg

Again, I'd have to agree. I don't think he's meaning to bash you, but if you a/b your Laney to other top amps like Carr, Dr. Z, Suhr Badger, etc...you will probably think your tone (meaning, your amp) sounds extremely inferior. Even if you play metal and a/b an Engl to any Laney, you would hear a significant difference in tone. He just wants to let you know that a new pickup might leave you wondering why isn't there a significant difference.

If you want my advice, take your existing guitar to a high end music store and try it through different amps first. Then try different guitars using the same wood as yours through the same amps and decide for yourself. Just stay away from the Sam Ash and guitar centers where the sales people don't know their a** from their elbow...

Hope this gives you a different perspective and something to ponder.