Well i'm going snowboarding for the first time tomorrow night !

I'll be sticking to the bunny slopes for sure for the first time but I was wondering if there are any experienced boarders in the pit who could give me advice on technique, or tell me any common mistakes n00bs like me make so i can be prepared?

Thanks in advance!
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
DON'T fall onto your hands trying to soften a fall. It may be instinct but on the slopes its the easiest way to brake a wrist. other than that have fun!
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
your pretty much guranteed to make n00b mistakes.. it'll be hard at the start, but seriously fun when u get the hang of it.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

stretch first, it really helps, just get used to the board its gonna take a while to get used to it. watch your edges don't dig an edge, aka remember don't ever put your board completely flat on the snow
Fall on your ass at all costs, never forward. When going up a t-bar or ski-lift undo one foot from the board. Keep knees somewhat bent, but also keep shins perdendicular to the ground. Sure there's more just can't think atm, been two years since I've been boarding :C
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
If you don't want to be sore as balls the next day, stretch a lot before and after. Also, I'd definitely invest in some lessons. They usually aren't too expensive and they help SO much.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Don't bend over.

If you bend over too much and Quasi Modo it you'll fall over. You need to stand fairly straight, but not bolt up right.

Don't go completely flat on the board, don't dig an edge in either.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Like people said, don't catch your edge or get discouraged because it's not working out for you.

But most of all, have fun!
Quote by ACG
If you don't want to be sore as balls the next day, stretch a lot before and after. Also, I'd definitely invest in some lessons. They usually aren't too expensive and they help SO much.

I think i will get a lesson. Its 40 bucks for a two hour one after 4.30.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies! i can't wait!
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?