My new acoustic original called "Is there a girl out there" In my profile, Let me know what you think. and C4c if you give me a link. Thanks
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Not too bad...I liked the chord progression in the chorus and the overall structure of the song (it was a bit repetitive though). I also liked your clean tone on the lead guitar, it had a nice bright ring to it. If your looking for constructive criticism, the only things I really noticed is your voice would be slightly off pitch every once in a while (not very noticeable though), and there was one off note in your solo.
Nice use of triplet strumming to give a fun feel, and your voice sounds really timid, but it really works for the songs. All I can really say at this point is that the recording quality really lets it down, as the guitar sounds really flat. It seems to lack a bit of direction as well, i'd record it with a tamborine or something just to give it that extra little flash. Good song overall.
I think you could change the lyrics round a little, I know they are different but a few lines are similar as hell. Needs some variety. The same with the chords, it doesn't feel that it's going far, just in circles, the content there is good don't get me wrong, you just need to add something else. I would recommend trying to create a new melody, for a riff or another harmonised vocal melody. Also your little solo was cool. Cheers for c4c
The chord progression in the chorus sounded really good. I also liked how sincere the lyrics were. They seemed like a stream-of-consciousness kind of thing. You took a rather simple topic and expressed it in a way that sounds (at least to me) as if it fits you.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030569
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Thanks a lot for checking out my track

This is a pretty catchy tune you've got here. I agree with some of the other posters, although vocals sound genuine, it started to seem a bit repetitive. You might want to put up the levels a bit. I enjoyed the little solo but the note it stopped on at 1:42 was a little bleak. The transition at 2:24 was nice. The track seems a bit simple, but I bet it sure is damned effective =p. Nice job, and thanks again!
Last edited by silvadolla at Dec 29, 2008,
Pretty relaxing.

Couple things,

I've heard the same chord progression in a couple of other songs

I think "Is there a girl out there" line is slightly a little too repetitive, it's a nice idea, but you overused it a little too much.

In the recording, I heard a slight buzz in the background, and the song was hard to hear, I had to turn my speakers up, causing the buzz to be louder as well.

Other than that, good song, I could totally hear your style of music in movies
Quote by Drodo141
Pretty relaxing.

Couple things,
I've heard the same chord progression in a couple of other songs
I think "Is there a girl out there" line is slightly a little too repetitive, it's a nice idea, but you overused it a little too much.
In the recording, I heard a slight buzz in the background, and the song was hard to hear, I had to turn my speakers up, causing the buzz to be louder as well.
Other than that, good song, I could totally hear your style of music in movies

thanks, yeah that buzz was really annoying, i just got a dean Markely Sound hole pickup for my acoustic, and this is the first time i was recording with it, and it had this horrible buzzing on any amp, i couldn't get rid of it
My Gear

Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
Funky riff. The whole mix needs more clarity. Played confidently. You could do with panning the guitars, that would help alot and turn the treble up a bit. Could do with vocals to keep interesting. Bass line is very sweet, that helps the song much. Drums could do with some fills ect but for a drum machine thing, it does it's job. Playing a little sloppy with guitar at times. But well put together and well played overall, good job. I've just rated and commented on youtube for you too.
Orophin
i like the chord progression. it's a fairly common progression, but you use it well. the lyrics are really nice. i liked the acoustic soloing alot, although you could use more confidence.
Too cool for a signature.
Overall, the vocals and the guitar solo'ing come across a little bit timid, I agree with those above me you should be a bit more open and confident with whatcha got. However, I digress. Nice, relaxing tune. The refrain line does get a bit repetitive, but its still nice. Good job, sounds good man. keep it up
It's a pretty straightforward track- I would say introduce some different strum patterns, mix up the arrangement beyond simple verse/chorus structure, and you would really have something. That said, its a good start to a nice strummy song.

Check out some of my stuff if you have time, there are a few guitar-oriented things on my profile or rodrunk.dmusic.com/ is my streaming page.
Nice, not really my stlye of music but it was very enjoyable! good ol' easy listenin'!
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Quote by happyhomie123
this is amazing.
youre really great...
no lie.
youre awesome!

Quote by Shreddar003
sounds like jack johnson a little bit. nice.

Wow, i love jack johnson, that really means a lot to me. Thanks
My Gear

Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
I really liked the lead guitar that comes in, sounds great. Vocals sounded great too, real mellow and everything flows nicely. Good work.
You have a good voice, very relaxing. As some have mentioned the rhythm lacks a bit of flow, and it's a bit repeatative. Some of the transitions sounded a bit forced but it wasn't really anything that took much away from the song.

And yes, it is very jack johnson-esque. Keep up the good work mate.