The input jack broke on a squier telecaster and i need to know which wire goes where. Does the black go to the tip or the barrel of the input shaft?
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Y'see my friend. It's a squier. Just get a better guitar. Unless it has sentimental value.
repairing it for my nephew. I know better than to play junk.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
^win^
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Dio10101 and thementor have been reported for spam.

As for telemonster, we do have an ultimate wiring diagram thread... but here you go.

http://firmamuzyczna.pl/media/content/tele.pdf

That is for lace pickups, so the colours won't match. However, by simply looking at where the wires come from, you can figure it out I'm sure.

And also, Squiers are certainly not junk. Give me a squire and some cash, and I can make it play better than any factory Fender.

Also it's an output jack. Nothing's going in.

Cheers.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Just saying... win. This is true; he did. Comments? Questions?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Thanks for the help. Yeah Im an adult and I know squiers arent junk but this is UG and sometimes you just have to play along. Also I had no idea there was a wiring thread,so again thanks for the info. As for the output jack, yeah i know that to, however most people i see refer to them as input jacks. Most people think because you plug INTO it it is an imput jack and dont realize sound coming out make it an output jack. Ironicaly the page you refered me to labled it as an input jack. Go Figure!!
Again thanks for the help
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
You're quite welcome. If you're still having trouble don't hesitate to ask for help.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
As will my *reported* self. good luck with the guitar.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Quote by Jim Harkins