I'm in the market for a tube amp, my first tube amp, but on a tight budget I have been facing the b-52 at-112 or at-212 and the bugera 6262 or 333xl.
I'm more into the softer side of rock, creed, lifehouse, staind, etc but enjoy the occasional metal type of playing so I need an amp with versatility.

Both brands seem great, but both also are haunted by some reliability issues. B-52 with an overheating problem (which I read was solved) and the Bugera with a "dying amp" problem. I am so far leaning towards the bugera. I'm quite new to tube amps and have no way of testing either I'm not in the US and I can't seem to find any here, which is the main reason for my reliability concern. This amp is going to be shipped out, so it will be costly for me to have to ship it back in case of a failure.

Which would you guys recommend both for my playing style and for reliability (I have no problem with minor issues, if it is something I can fix myself)?

Thanks. sorry about the length...
search on ebay or craigzlist for a peavey XXX

BTW budget??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
^that

...or on the B52 and Bugera ...all it takes really is someone who knows amps, can solder and can read a bias or multimeter tool. You should be able to find someone damn near anywhere on this earth that can do that. You may negate your warranty but some times you have to SAY FUK THAt as KoRn would say.
budget is about 500 (and about the same for shipping)

Is the PEAVEY XXX SUPER 40 EFX COMBO any good???
Last edited by WHIZZard at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by WHIZZard
budget is about 500 (and about the same for shipping)

Is the PEAVEY XXX SUPER 40 EFX COMBO any good???

yea they are great combo amps
you should watch vids on you tube to hear what it sounds like or try one in your nearest GC
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me