Poll: Jackson Dinky Pro series DK2M or a Schecter Diamond series Hellraiser Sunset FR
Poll Options
View poll results: Jackson Dinky Pro series DK2M or a Schecter Diamond series Hellraiser Sunset FR
Buy the DK2M
12 34%
Buy the Hellraiser Sunset FR
10 29%
Buy a different Schecter
4 11%
Buy a different Jackson
3 9%
Buy a Ibanez/ESP
5 14%
Other (please specify)
1 3%
Voters: 35.
Some of yous might remember a thread called 'Not just another 'what guitar' thread'?
Well I finally went out and tried some guitars the other day and I must say the Jackson Pro DK2M was amazing although the Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR comes really close. Unbelievably close. (The thing is the two guitars are nearly exactly opposite each other!
The jackson has passive duncans while the schecter has active EMGs. The neck on the schecter is a tad wide while the jackson's is thin. Ect. ect.)
those two guitars are too different lol

jackson = alder body, maple neck, ebony inlays, passive duncans
sunset fr = mahogany set neck, rosewood board, active emgs

You said the schecter's neck was a tad wide, so maybe the Jackson suits you better. Owning two Schecters, I don't think you can go wrong, but the jackson has a licenced FR and the schecter has an OFR. Personally i'd decide based on neck thickness, feel (glossed vs unfinished) and the way they sound plugged in.
I got a Jackson RR5FR

you should too
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
if the neck doesn't bother you, go with the Schecter cause of the OFR
Cause the LFR on the Jackson is pretty good, but goes out of tune slightly if i abuse the trem, but the neck is godly
i don't think u can go wrong with any hell raiser schecters based on both value and playability and all out quality
Keep On Keepen' On
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this thread, because I'm choosing between these exact same guitars as well!

I'm leaning towards the Jackson right now, because my musical tastes are a little too varied for the EMGs imo. I think the JB/Jazz combo is better suited to playing a variety of genres. I'll be curious to see what other people have to say.
I have the Jackson. Hands down, my favorite guitar. I also just bought a Parker Nitefly, and honestly, I can probably just turn around and sell it. The Jackson had decent cleans in the neck, and a good bluesy sound in the bridge and neck. I use the DK2M in C# most of the time, for BTBAM and Behemoth, so, it is great for metal.

The Hellraiser just isn't my cup of tea. Too thick of a neck and almost, too much, i guess. I don't know though, that would be your opinion.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i vote Ibanez/ESP
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
I like them both, but for super heavy drop tuned stuff I think mahogany is better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by mrinal24
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this thread, because I'm choosing between these exact same guitars as well!

I'm leaning towards the Jackson right now, because my musical tastes are a little too varied for the EMGs imo. I think the JB/Jazz combo is better suited to playing a variety of genres. I'll be curious to see what other people have to say.

Wow that's quiet a coincidence (do you like in Perth? Lolz) cause I'm leaning towards the Jackson too. Although I don't think its the Schecter that's not versatile since it has COIL TAPS!
That's the only thing keeping me from buying the Jackson right off the bat: the coil taps.
Is it worth getting coil taps for a player who plays anything from blues to metal or could I get the jackson and then install coil taps in it?
Quote by CarbonDeath
I have the Jackson. Hands down, my favorite guitar. I also just bought a Parker Nitefly, and honestly, I can probably just turn around and sell it. The Jackson had decent cleans in the neck, and a good bluesy sound in the bridge and neck. I use the DK2M in C# most of the time, for BTBAM and Behemoth, so, it is great for metal.

The Hellraiser just isn't my cup of tea. Too thick of a neck and almost, too much, i guess. I don't know though, that would be your opinion.

Wow, better than a nitefly?
Better than a guitar 3 times its cost?
get a schecter c-1 blackjack atx FR - tis what i have and it's such an amazing sound. with my line 6 ubermetal pedal i get such a thing and full sound out of it, it's incredible... prob down to the active SD blackouts
Sry for bump. In the end a played the dk2m and fell in love. Brought it in an instant.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you