alright so heres the deal.. i got a new amp this christmas, a fender blues deluxe! the only amp i ever had before that was a ****ty little kustom amp so as you can imagine, iam the happiest guy in the world! but since i dont have a great knowledge about real tube amps, i would like to ask if theres stuff i should know about maintenance , about the tubes.... generally how to take good care of it
let the tubes warm up before you play. let the tubes cool down for 30 minutes before you move the amp. just take care of the tubes and they will last a couple of years. that's pretty much it. obviously tube amps sound better the louder they get. do some searching on the forums and u should find more info. hope that helps
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Let the tubes warm up before playing. Remember you can't bang them around as much as a solid state amp. And enjoy the beauty and wonderful sound that your amp can produce.
just remember turn it onto standby for 30 seconds before you start playing
I leik music
Don't worry too much. Tube amps are tougher than you'd suppose, but use of standby and such will improve the life of your tubes and filter caps.
alright... well i wont be moving it around a lot since i aint gigging yet... max would be down to my basement og something like that... the thing about letting at standby before and after i use it sounds good, didnt knew that... but whatabout biasing the tubes? i read something about that, but i have no idea what it means
Quote by miniknielsen
alright... well i wont be moving it around a lot since i aint gigging yet... max would be down to my basement og something like that... the thing about letting at standby before and after i use it sounds good, didnt knew that... but whatabout biasing the tubes? i read something about that, but i have no idea what it means

depending on your amp you bias the tubes every time you change them to get the best sound.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
You only need to bias when you change power tubes.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...