I went ahead and paid 220 for a brand new Mitchell 100SCE and like everything about it except for the fact that the action is a little high. How hard/ how much would it cost to have it lowered?
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
goto your local guitar/music shop and ask them to do it. all it really is is adjusting the truss rod

oh, and im pretty sure they'll do it for free
^Like this guy said, take it to your local shop. They know what they're doing.

Oh, and don't be surprised if it causes nasty fret buzz.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by SDmelody
goto your local guitar/music shop and ask them to do it. all it really is is adjusting the truss rod

oh, and im pretty sure they'll do it for free

WRONG.

truss rod adjusts backbow.

the saddle and nut is responsible for the action.

it'll probably cost like 15 bucks too
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by about
WRONG.

truss rod adjusts backbow.

the saddle and nut is responsible for the action.

it'll probably cost like 15 bucks too

This, whist the truss rod does alter your action, it isn't the solution to having a high action. It adjusts neck bow, so if your neck is correct now, when you tweak with the truss rod you'll **** it up.

Sanding down your saddle isn't too hard. Take out the plastic or bone piece that in the slot on your bridge. Put some sanding paper on completely flat surface and sand it down a bit. Tune the strings back up and check. Make sure you don't go too far or you'll have to buy a new one.

yes adjusting your own neck relief and saddle hieght is the first step to doing your own setups and saving you money plus you learn more about your guitar try it new saddles are inexpensive (relativley depending on composition and style of course)