Ive tried the GSP1101 a few times, and loved it, but now im wondering what the deal is for footswitches? Do they make a footswitch for it, or do I have to buy a random midi footswitch?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Ive tried the GSP1101 a few times, and loved it, but now im wondering what the deal is for footswitches? Do they make a footswitch for it, or do I have to buy a random midi footswitch?

A - What is "it"?

B - Digitech should be changed to Digitwillbreakfirsttimeyouuseme. Personal experience... don't buy from Digitech. Go with Boss, they make a much better product.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
A - What is "it"?

B - Digitech should be changed to Digitwillbreakfirsttimeyouuseme. Personal experience... don't buy from Digitech. Go with Boss, they make a much better product.

Actually, the GSP1101 is quite a healthy product with very few reliability issues reported thus far. It's a rackmount amp modeller and effects unit that is a notch above the Boss GT-Pro regarding sound quality (IMO) and all in a single rack space as opposed to the Boss which requires 2 rack spaces and weighs a lot more.

Regarding a footswitch, the GSP1101 (like most rackmount guitar equipment) was designed to be incorporated into a Midi rig, and as such will require a Midi floor controller in order to take full advantage of it. To start with I'd look at a simple but effective unit like the Rocktron MidiMate and an inexpensive switching unit like the Rocktron's PatchMate in order to control your other effects and route your signal properly.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Tc Electronic G-Major is a worthy rival. I'm thoroughly impressed with everything I'v heard from mine so far. The classic phaser is just something else.

As for control I was looking at a Moog Midi Controller but it turns out my XT live will work just as well!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
Tc Electronic G-Major is a worthy rival. I'm thoroughly impressed with everything I'v heard from mine so far. The classic phaser is just something else.

I'm of the opinion that the G Major is a step up from the GSP1101 regarding sound quality, however they're both marketed toward people with different needs. The G Major is an effects unit only, while the GSP1101 is a preamp, amp modeller, and effects unit in one.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM