or

B: let a guilty person go free.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Dec 29, 2008,
There are too many variables...

What is the guilty man guilty of?

What is the innocent man being convicted of?

How high are you?
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I would rather have 100 guilty men go free than have one innocent man go to jail.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
I don't think I would be able to live myself knowing I sent an innocent man to rot.

However, I would take solace knowing that the aforementioned guilty individual would eventually get what he or she deserves. I'm a karma person, so, that's my reasoning.

It's a tough decision, but I see the latter as a better situation.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by IDread
There are too many variables...

What is the guilty man guilty of? +1

What is the innocent man being convicted of? +1

How high are you? +124132436254

this.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Depends on what the man is guilty of. For example, if he's a serial murderer, obviously I'd send an innocent person to jail.
If he's just a thief, I'd let him go free.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Riddler
I would rather have 100 guilty men go free than have one innocent man go to jail.

Even if those 100 guilty men are convicted and proven serial child murderers and the innocent man is being put away for a month for possession of marijuana?

Think about what you say sir.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
let the guilty man go free....no further harm is done? Right?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by IDread
Even if those 100 guilty men are convicted and proven serial child murderers and the innocent man is being put away for a month for possession of marijuana?

You know what I mean.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
Quote by Riddler
i wouldnt.

say, arent you supposed to be in arkham? damn criminal justice system!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Riddler
You know what I mean.

I really don't.

It might be because I'm really quite high right now but what you said sounded like a copypaste to make you seem like a shining paragon of freedom. The actual effect making me think you are something of a deranged chimpanzie who doesn't think what he says through.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
The guilty man might not commit any more crimes if freed so by freeing him there's a possibility no more bad **** happens.

But the innocent man will rot in jail no matter what.

You should have been more specific with your post TS.

Atleast give tell us the crimes and length of prison time.
Quote by IDread

well if he's being put away for possession of marijuana then he's not so innocent is he?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
well if he's being put away for possession of marijuana then he's not so innocent is he?

He gave a **** example.
Quote by Final !mpact
He gave a **** example.

my point exactly
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone

He doesn't have to have actually been in possession of marijuana to be put away for it. The situation we have been given is that he is an innocent man being put away for a crime he didn't commit.

And on a side note, I would consider anybody being imprisoned for ganja to be innocent even if they were caught with herb. No victim, no crime.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I really don't.

It might be because I'm really quite high right now but what you said sounded like a copypaste to make you seem like a shining paragon of freedom. The actual effect making me think you are something of a deranged chimpanzie who doesn't think what he says through.

What I said was in line with what the TS said, not what anyone else said. He wasn't specific, so neither was I.

Happy, asshole?
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
Quote by IDread
He doesn't have to have actually been in possession of marijuana to be put away for it. The situation we have been given is that he is an innocent man being put away for a crime he didn't commit.

And on a side note, I would consider anybody being imprisoned for ganja to be innocent even if they were caught with herb. No victim, no crime.

well i don't no about britain but in the U.S. it's illegal to be in possession of marijuana. i personally think it's bull**** but the law is the law. i still wouldn't send an innocent man to jail.

no victim no crime? so if i go on a rampage and destroy public property but don't hurt or kill anyone, i'm innocent? think about what you said.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by IDread

Although i agree with you about how retarded drug laws are, its still a crime.
Quote by SomebodySomeone
well i don't no about britain but in the U.S. it's illegal to be in possession of marijuana. i personally think it's bull**** but the law is the law. i still wouldn't send an innocent man to jail.

no victim no crime? so if i go on a rampage and destroy public property but don't hurt or kill anyone, i'm innocent? think about what you said.

Smoking weed and destroying public property are very different things. People have to replaced the damaged property which costs money.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by SomebodySomeone

Well, technically the victim is the taxpayers because they pay to repair it...
grok it.

SKREAM!

Convict the innocent. Err on the side of caution.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Riddler
What I said was in line with what the TS said, not what anyone else said. He wasn't specific, so neither was I.

I didn't imply it was anyone in this thread. I said something to the effect that your comment was poorly thought through.

Quote by Riddler
Happy, asshole?

What don't you understand about "really quite high"?
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by dubstar92
Well, technically the victim is the taxpayers because they pay to repair it...

yeah but i'm sure idread didn't think of that. i honestly would not make a innocent person suffer for something they didn't commit. even if it meant letting go of a guilty person.

EDIT: the thing is the TS didn't specify what the criminal did and other ****. if he did then this would be easier for some people to make a choice. but that just defeats the purpose of the question.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by SomebodySomeone

No sir, you think about what you say.
Nobody who is stoned can be arsed to go on a rampage of any kind. Nobody.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
What don't you understand about "really quite high"?

Sorry to break it to you, but no one cares how high you are.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by dubstar92
Sorry to break it to you, but no one cares how high you are.

That wasn't the point. He asked me if I was happy and evidently, I am very happy.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
No sir, you think about what you say.
Nobody who is stoned can be arsed to go on a rampage of any kind. Nobody.

sorry to tell you but, been there done that.

either way, like i mentioned in my EDIT, you can't be specific with what the criminal and the innocent person did, or didn't do. it defeats the purpose of the question. this question pretty much is to test your morals. or am i wrong?

well i stand with my decision, i would let a person go than to convicted an innocent one.
you may not like it, but that's where my morals stand
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone

either way, like i mentioned in my EDIT, you can't be specific with what the criminal and the innocent person did, or didn't do. it defeats the purpose of the question. this question pretty much is to test your morals. or am i wrong?

well i stand with my decision, i would let a person go than to convicted an innocent one.

I realized that, and fixed it just before you posted, I was peer pressured... but I fought through it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Obviously let a guilty person free....look at most politicians? They are almost all guilty of something- even it is as trivial as bribery..(although they call it "sponsorship")

Very easy question. We are surrounded by guilty people who are free on a daily basis- whether they are corrupt cops, surgeons selling harvested organs on the black market, doctors selling illegal drugs, politicians taking bribes, pedophiles let out on lax criminal charges etc the list goes on.
Quote by original=punk
Umm, wouldn't putting an innocent man away let a guilty man go free?

dumb question IMO.

Not necessarily , if an innocent man is convicted of murdering someone who died of natural causes , who got away with that ?
Quote by SomebodySomeone

But are you making the world (or more realistically, your local area) a safer place by doing that? If you're in a position to convict or set free a person, then wouldn't you also be in a position to keep the general public safe?
Banging on a trash can
Quote by SomebodySomeone

It doesn't defeat the purpose of the question to know specifics. To properly asses a hypothetical situation such as this you need specifics.

And yes it is a test of morals, but whichever answer you give, you stand in the exact same moral position, unless I have severly misread something which is seeming very likely at this second.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by BigFatSandwich
But are you making the world (or more realistically, your local area) a safer place by doing that? If you're in a position to convict or set free a person, then wouldn't you also be in a position to keep the general public safe?

no i wouldn't but think for minute:

let's forget about the criminal for a while and focus on the innocent guy. would you really want to punish someone for something they didn't do? ruin their life? no i didn't think so

now lets do the opposite. forget about the innocent man and focus on the criminal"

would you really want to let go of a criminal? whether he's just a thief or a killer? no i didn't think so.

the fact of the matter is that there is no right answer. i prefer to do neither but that's not an option. you have to test your morals and see on which side you're on. that's the purpose of a double edge sword type of question. which evil do you prefer?
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone

let's forget about the criminal for a while and focus on the innocent guy. would you really want to punish someone for something they didn't do? ruin their life? no i didn't think so

now lets do the opposite. forget about the innocent man and focus on the criminal"

would you really want to let go of a criminal? whether he's just a thief or a killer? no i didn't think so.

the fact of the matter is that there is no right answer. i prefer to do neither but that's not an option. you have to test your morals and see on which side you're on. that's the purpose of a double edge sword type of question. which evil do you prefer?

The point is sending an innocent person to jail is terrible. We are surrounded by criminals who are guilty on a daily basis who are free. Adding another guilty criminal to the already astounding number of them isn't as bad as putting an innocent person into jail with a very small number of innocent people.
Quote by IDread
It doesn't defeat the purpose of the question to know specifics. To properly asses a hypothetical situation such as this you need specifics.

And yes it is a test of morals, but whichever answer you give, you stand in the exact same moral position, unless I have severly misread something which is seeming very likely at this second.

exactly. but if you give specifics then it does defeat the purpose of the question. for example:

let a serial child killer go? or put a innocent man in jail for a month
let a thief go? or put an innocent man in jail for life?
or try either combination

you see? giving specifics gives you a better peace of mind.

but either way, to me the correct answer is niether. but since you have to choice one, it doesn't matter which you choose. both choices make you a bad person.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
exactly. but if you give specifics then it does defeat the purpose of the question. for example:

let a serial child killer go? or put a innocent man in jail for a month
let a thief go? or put an innocent man in jail for life?
or try either combination

you see? giving specifics gives you a better peace of mind.

but either way, to me the correct answer is niether. but since you have to choice one, it doesn't matter which you choose. both choices make you a bad person.

Again you miss the point. Inferior legal systems allow child serial killers/rapists/pedos and theifs go free on a yearly basis.

This question is only a double edged sword if the legal system truly worked.
Quote by SomebodySomeone

Of course there's no right answer. There isn't a wrong one, either. It's a ridiculous question and it's a scenario that I can't imagine ever happening in real life, but... that's what hypothetical questions are. I could just as well ask if you'd let a murdering child rapist run free because you don't want to put an innocent man behind bars for a few months for marijuana possession.
Banging on a trash can
Page 1 of 2