Page 1 of 2
Just wondering what your favorite pedals are (and why).

I just got an MI Audio Crunchbox and after 10 minutes of messing with it i got a good lead tone and a few good rock rhythm tones. Usually it takes me several days to find a tone i like especially on distortion and overdrive pedals.

Because of this I'd have to say its my favourite pedal (at the moment at least).

What is your favorite FX pedal UG?
my delay pedals, there endless fun to screw around with. that or my digitech syth wah, that thing is just ****** up.
you can get it in either a rack or a pedal, but the bbe sonic maximizer. it's like adding a 2x12 and it makes things a lot clearer.
My Big Muff right now, although I love all my pedals pretty equally, the Big Muff has been in use a lot lately.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I RMC Picture Wah.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I can't pick just one. Probably the combo of my BOSS MT-2 and my Dunlop CFH Wah. I can get any tones from old classic Led Zeppelin to rampaging black metal with them.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
congrats on the crunch box.

i wouldnt know what i would do without my muff. its a fuzz/distortion tonal knockout, and is a nice compliment to my crunch box.

Got any nice settings for the crunchbox?

I was looking at a big muff but i'm not too keen after i heard a few fuzz pedals. The Fuzz Face sounded way to thin and the BOSS fuzz i tried sounded really weak and shrill.
Quote by Final !mpact
Got any nice settings for the crunchbox?

I was looking at a big muff but i'm not too keen after i heard a few fuzz pedals. The Fuzz Face sounded way to thin and the BOSS fuzz i tried sounded really weak and shrill.

dist the whole way up, then back off a little bit. tone is a touch above muddy, but not too much into treble-zone. volume, just to match the cleans, but up a little bit for the extra bit of boost.

sounds like a muff is just right for you, fuzz-wise. nice and deep, rich, and full of gut-busting-growl and sustain.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
dist the whole way up, then back off a little bit. tone is a touch above muddy, but not too much into treble-zone. volume, just to match the cleans, but up a little bit for the extra bit of boost.

sounds like a muff is just right for you, fuzz-wise. nice and deep, rich, and full of gut-busting-growl and sustain.

I'l have to check out the muff. Thanks for the settings too.
Ibanez turbo tube screamer
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
I'd have to say my Digitech Metal Master . I only playing metal, speed metal, lots of thrash, and metalcore at home. I can make my Vox sound like an expensive tube combo. Very easy to find what your looking for, altough I just wish it had a gain knob to lighten up some of it. Then again, it is a Heavy Metal Pedal.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Quote by shanglejr11
I'd have to say my Digitech Metal Master . I only playing metal, speed metal, lots of thrash, and metalcore at home. I can make my Vox sound like an expensive tube combo. Very easy to find what your looking for, altough I just wish it had a gain knob to lighten up some of it. Then again, it is a Heavy Metal Pedal.

BOSS MT-2 can solve that. Even though it is the "Metal Zone" Distortion Pedal, there is a default setting to get a nice, smooth bluesy overdrive tone. Not that I'm saying you might be looking for that, but it just goes to show you how versatile it can be.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']BOSS MT-2 can solve that. Even though it is the "Metal Zone" Distortion Pedal, there is a default setting to get a nice, smooth bluesy overdrive tone. Not that I'm saying you might be looking for that, but it just goes to show you how versatile it can be.

Actually I took my Metal back to get the Metal Master. It sounded way to treble for me, maybe good for slower lead and higher tones but it was way to frilly and fuzzy. I love how the Metal Master has so much more low-end and is tighter so my chugs are more audible and clear. And even though it IS analog, it doesn't sound fake or artificial at all. Of course it's not an entirely natural sound, but you could never tell. I'm not bragging, but I do have really good ears for sound and clarity. Working with audio for 7 years does that for you.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']BOSS MT-2 can solve that. Even though it is the "Metal Zone" Distortion Pedal, there is a default setting to get a nice, smooth bluesy overdrive tone. Not that I'm saying you might be looking for that, but it just goes to show you how versatile it can be.

I found the Metal Zone lacks the versatility your describing (among other things... like tone for example )
i just got an xotic bb preamp and a catalin bread super charged overdrive for christmas, and im loving both! but of the 2, i really love the tones i get from the super charged overdrive!
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
Quote by Final !mpact
I found the Metal Zone lacks the versatility your describing (among other things... like tone for example )

I must agree, hecne why I got rid of the day after I got it
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Quote by Final !mpact

The amp n Wah pedal take care of that I've got it set up so it runs smooth and sounds awesome
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']The amp n Wah pedal take care of that I've got it set up so it runs smooth and sounds awesome

With a good amp and maybe an EQ pedal or 3 (one before the Metalzone, one after it and one in the FX loop) i got it to sound pretty good. Unfortunately the amp was my mates amazing 30 watt tube combo so i never got that tone out if it again.
I'd have to say my Box of Rock, but the really kicker is when its paired with my volume pedal
Fender Telecaster Deluxe MZ7006924
Crybaby 535Q
BOSS SD-1
ZVex Box of Rock
MXR 10-Band EQ
Ernie Ball VR Jr.
EHX The Clone Theory
Line6 ToneCore Echo Park
Fender Blues Jr.

Don't be sad, I know you will.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']The amp n Wah pedal take care of that I've got it set up so it runs smooth and sounds awesome

At home I run through a Vox DA20 which is a pretty damn good practice amp but I gig with a Peavey 6505+. The wah I use is a Morley, not sure what one though. But it still sounded bad.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Last edited by shanglejr11 at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by shanglejr11
At home I run through a Vox DA20 which is a pretty damn good practice amp but I gig with a Peavey 6505+. The wah I use is a Morley, not sure what one though. But it still sounded bad.

Dunlop CFH Wah Pedal with a Marshall 2466 Vintage/Modern
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Dunlop CFH Wah Pedal with a Marshall 2466 Vintage/Modern

Well I guess my 7 years in audio helps, but hey. Tone is about personal preference so it may sound good to you. I'm just not fond of it.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
It does get a bit saturated at times, so I'm slowly starting to get it out of the picture. At some point I'll stop using it and probably run my guitar through the Wah and straight into the amp.
I am going to have to say TS9
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It does get a bit saturated at times, so I'm slowly starting to get it out of the picture. At some point I'll stop using it and probably run my guitar through the Wah and straight into the amp.

Marshall is known for it's distortion, have you ever thought of just boosting it with an overdrive? Like the Bad Monkey or even DS-1. Cheap but very good pedals.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
My bassist is trying to convince me to try switching over to his DS-1 [he used to play guitar]. I'll definitely consider that.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']My bassist is trying to convince me to try switching over to his DS-1 [he used to play guitar]. I'll definitely consider that.

Turn it down to a very low level of gain and push the volume up to max to use it as a boost pedal (to get more of the amps natural distortion which probably sounds better than any pedal)
My Big Muff with it's Creamy Dreamer/Pumpkin Soup/whatever you call it mod.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I appreciate the advice, but I do know how to work it in as a boost, mate.

I just thought i should mention it.
My Rocktron All Access.

[now being slightly more serious] Actually the only "stompbox" (in the traditional sense) I even use anymore is a VoodooLab Sparkle Drive.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Page 1 of 2