Hey guys I'm new to the forums, but I have been coming here forever.

Anyways, I'm about to buy a 6505+ (After playing many amps, including 5150iii) and I'm just interested in the head. I can get the fender metalhead 400W 4x12 cab for around $500. Does anyone have any advice if this is a good combination? Otherwise I have heard Vader and Mesa Recto cabs are the way to go with a 6505+. In the mean time, I would run it through my blue voodoo cab.

I am considering the MH cab mainly because the price I can get one new.

thanks,
Andres
I think I should add I am mainly going to be playing metal from As I Lay Dying to Arsis or Lamb of God
fender metal heads are pretty nice, although you can't really go wrong with any of those. it all depends on what you like. i like mesas a lot more than fenders personally. i've never really had much experience with a vader so i can't really say.
The fender metalhead cab is 106 pounds i believe.. haha

Well the reason I'm considering it is I can get it new for $400-500 where a mesa is going to run much more new.
i've heard good things about avatar cabs
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
^This. Avatar would be a much better choice than the metalhead cab. Also are you willing to go used?