I am going buy this Stratocaster (in Midnight Cherry) http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Left-Handed-Electric-Guitar-501159-i1431993.gc and I am not a lefty guitarist but I want to set up the guitar so i can play it right handed now I now everything i need to do but how do, EXCEPT how to setup the strap locks for a right handed guitarist. How should I go about doing this?
Oh Hey look at my signature
you're gunna have to drill a new hole into the horn for the pin.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
" Hey guys, rememeber that one guy, jimi hendrix? how he was left handed and used a right handed guitar? Yeah, I think i'm gonna pay extra un needed money and get a left randed guitar and play it right handed.. it'll be awesome, i'll be just like jimi"
Quote by Nevermind1299
" Hey guys, rememeber that one guy, jimi hendrix? how he was left handed and used a right handed guitar? Yeah, I think i'm gonna pay extra un needed money and get a left randed guitar and play it right handed.. it'll be awesome, i'll be just like jimi"

..Is this not a free country?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by BlackDog55
I am going buy this Stratocaster (in Midnight Cherry) http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Left-Handed-Electric-Guitar-501159-i1431993.gc and I am not a lefty guitarist but I want to set up the guitar so i can play it right handed now I now everything i need to do but how do, EXCEPT how to setup the strap locks for a right handed guitarist. How should I go about doing this?

why dont you buy a right handed guitar for cheaper?
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Ironically, I'd do the same thing, but not to sound like Jimi Hendrix. I like jimi, but I'd more do it for the style. As well as the fact with the way jimi strung his guitar, his bass E string was more trebly then usual and his treble E string was more bassy then usual.

Bastard took my idea.
You could always just get a pickguard that has the reverse angled bridge pickup.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Nevermind1299

and everyone with a goldtop LP wheres a top hat right?

NO not doin somthing cause somones done is just stupid

go for it man get da strat if ya want it
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
I don't see why anyone would do this.. I know from experience that this is just a pain! I actually am a lefty but my first guitar was righty. If you reverse a guitar knobs get in the way of your playing, trust me its just a pain.
Quote by Yeathatwasme
and everyone with a goldtop LP wheres a top hat right?

NO not doin somthing cause somones done is just stupid

go for it man get da strat if ya want it

Well, I would certainly wear a top hat
alright yeah I wasn't doing it to copy Jimi and believe me I really like Jimi's music but I as SGlover69 aid I will do it for style. also what drill bit should i use
Quote by Nevermind1299

There are advantages to having a reversed headstalk, reversed pickups, and personaly I like the idea of the tremolo arm being closer to the low E...you know.
Quote by david_highland
There are advantages to having a reversed headstalk, reversed pickups, and personaly I like the idea of the tremolo arm being closer to the low E...you know.

What exactly are those advantages, sir?
Quote by BlackDog55
alright yeah I wasn't doing it to copy Jimi and believe me I really like Jimi's music but I as SGlover69 aid I will do it for style. also what drill bit should i use

For straplocks? 1/8
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Nevermind1299
Well, I would certainly wear a top hat

k.
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
Quote by Nevermind1299
What exactly are those advantages, sir?

Quote by SGlover69
Ironically, I'd do the same thing, but not to sound like Jimi Hendrix. I like jimi, but I'd more do it for the style. As well as the fact with the way jimi strung his guitar, his bass E string was more trebly then usual and his treble E string was more bassy then usual.

Bastard took my idea.

What SGlover69 said, in terms of the reversed pickups, the reversed headstalk facilitates vibrato and bending on the lower strings, and I've already covered the reverse trem...
I'm gonna do it one day - as soon as I can find a dirt cheap/smashed up lefty strat.

When I've done it, I'm gonna plug into my modded crybaby wah and plexi stack and try to remember how to play voddo chilled very loudly.

I shall enjoy it, everyone else can shove thier opinion up their arses and f*ck off while they are doing it.

TS - a wood drill bit will be fine
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
mine
Quote by Jaymz_515
Quote by Yeathatwasme
mine

That's a sexy strat i think the black pickguard looks better than white with that color
Why would you bash a guy for paying respect to Jimi? Thats how I see it. Even if that is not the reason for the ts using a lefty...
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
Why would you bash a guy for paying respect to Jimi? Thats how I see it. Even if that is not the reason for the ts using a lefty...

Thank You Someone that agrees, since when did Jimi Hendrix become uncool.
Quote by BlackDog55
Thank You Someone that agrees, since when did Jimi Hendrix become uncool.

He was always cool . Infact, I will say this. Jimi, thank you for being the reason I started playing

R.I.P. Brother.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
He was always cool . Infact, I will say this. Jimi, thank you for being the reason I started playing

R.I.P. Brother.

I completley ifferent as they are Jimi and Jerry Cantrell was the reason I started playing