im new here and have a question to start it off
ok here goes. i play guitar and bass guitar i do plan on making a career from it but
i have been wonderin for a while i have not sent in any demos but before i do so im gonna be honest i have a horrable voice for singing lol thats why im a guitarist and basdsist lol ...........ok sry my question is what are my chances of gettin my name into the bizz thruogh a record company by sending them a instrumental demo lol cause like i said i cannot sing
you aren't going to play music for money..

it's a dream of everyone. Hop off cloud 9 before it goes into the stratosphere.

your best bet is to get a really good band and play gigs and stuff and hopefully meet someone who is in the biz and slowly work your way up to bigger venues.

if you plan on making it big tho, you wont. it just happens to a random select few
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
you aren't going to play music for money..

it's a dream of everyone. Hop off cloud 9 before it goes into the stratosphere.

your best bet is to get a really good band and play gigs and stuff and hopefully meet someone who is in the biz and slowly work your way up to bigger venues.

if you plan on making it big tho, you wont. it just happens to a random select few

thanks captain buzzkill.....but for real he's right, just play cause you enjoy it not cause you wanna be famous and make money cause duh, we all do, or did at one point
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
You're not gonna get anywhere by yourself. You need to get into a band. And tehn the chances are still slim.
not about the money bro its about the fact that music is wat like to do and i would like to be able to that as a career bro.instead of havin to go to slee early because of my job or havin to limitmy playin because of my job i would like to be able to do it 24 7 lol hell im 23 and not givin up lol ill ive it up when im put into that little box called a coffin and buried
besides i got a great job for wat i want lol i work offshore on an oilrig so i work 3 weeks and am home 2 weeks.
so i got a decent amount of free time just greedy i guess lol i want more time to play lol
Last edited by zombie85 at Dec 29, 2008,
Post a demo in your profile, lots of top record execs hang out on this site...you should be famous soon.
If you really wish to do it, get a band, and don't think you will become rich. You can start to play gigs and maybe one day get a name on the scene you're playing on
a) spell check
b) don't expect to make it huge. local venues are a great place to start. but be in a good band first!
c) the thread stickied at the top of this forum for New Members is where you should repost this
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko 9119
c) the thread stickied at the top of this forum for New Members is where you should repost this

no not really. this isnt an introduction, it's a question about the music industry. try guitar & bass basics or musician talk or something else related to guitar/musicians.
from daylight...
...into darkness