So you guys all know how we just LOVE to trash line 6 amps for their lack of thin tone and overall ****tyness.

I tend to agree with these statements on alot of levels, being a previous owner of a spider valve and spider III. Fortunately, the guitar gods opened up my ears to the glory that is the orange rockerverb 50 and I so have been hooked ever since.

Anyways, do you guys realize that if you only have 200-300 bucks and are a beginner a spider III is'nt a bad investment for a budding musician. In fact, I loved my spider 3 when I first started playing guitar, I never experienced that much gain before and I was rocking out to metallica/ozzy etc etc night and day. You get a ton of simple effects and mods for pretty cheap.

One thing I do agree with as a fail is purchasing a line 6 spider head and cab as an upgrade to a professional level. I think there should be tone police out there to prevent this from happening.
if the only spider in production was the 15 watter i don't think there would be as much hate. just a thought.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Yeah it's true that having all those effects and amp models are amazing for a beginner, the problem is that there are other amps that do it better for the same price.
It's all about the name. I can't remember who, but there's some big contemporary band that uses Line 6 that's making people lose their ****ing minds.
Hmmm, sooner or later they will crash as a company unless they do something better. Like maybe making the Flextone better or lowering the price on the HD147??? Maybe??? Please
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
To the title of this thread:

If hanna montanna sucks so much why does she sell out every concert?
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by kaosfire

I bet you if she sucked on camera she'd make even more money...

I'd pay to see it, so would you, don't lie.
the faceless use line 6 amps, but they're like 2000 dollars. they're like the only good line 6 amps i've ever seen. except for the one tube amp they have, it's ok.
Quote by kaosfire

"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by HibyPrime
I bet you if she sucked on camera she'd make even more money...

I'd pay to see it, so would you, don't lie.

****in A. You beat me to it. I'll get you, one day!!!
If a thousand people say a stupid thing, it is still a stupid thing. If a million people say a stupid thing, it is still a stupid thing.

I'm not knocking Line 6.

My point is that a position held by many people- a political position, the popularity of a kind of music, or the quality of an amp, whatever- is not automatically true or valid just because of large numbers of supporters.

So a lot of people dislike Line 6; does that mean they're bad? Not if they do the job you want them to do the way you want to do it.

They model amps and put a huge number of effects at your fingertips for a reasonable price. You'd have to be a pro to have access to all of the tones a Line 6 could generate with the actual equipment it emulates.

What they don't do is give you the actual quality of any of those modeled amps or emulated effects.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I'm not knocking Line 6.

My point is that a position held by many people- a political position, the popularity of a kind of music, or the quality of an amp, whatever- is not automatically true or valid just because of large numbers of supporters.

So a lot of people dislike Line 6; does that mean they're bad? Not if they do the job you want them to do the way you want to do it.

They model amps and put a huge number of effects at your fingertips for a reasonable price. You'd have to be a pro to have access to all of the tones a Line 6 could generate with the actual equipment it emulates.

What they don't do is give you the actual quality of any of those modeled amps or emulated effects.

You're right, but you're missing the biggest problem with them...

There are other modeling amps that sound better and are the same price.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

*Takes a bow*

I try to dumb things down for the mainstream

What movie is that from?
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by kaosfire
*Takes a bow*

I try to dumb things down for the mainstream

What movie is that from?

I don't know, but I felt that the gif was appropriate.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Line 6 Vetta II heads are absolutely amazing.
I think it's just the spider series that are bad.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
as the old addage goes, you feed someone **** long enough and eventually they'll like it
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I don't know, but I felt that the gif was appropriate.

Citizen Kane, everyone should see that movie.
Quote by psychosylocibin
So you guys all know how we just LOVE to trash line 6 amps for their lack of thin tone and overall ****tyness.

I tend to agree with these statements on alot of levels, being a previous owner of a spider valve and spider III. Fortunately, the guitar gods opened up my ears to the glory that is the orange rockerverb 50 and I so have been hooked ever since.

Anyways, do you guys realize that if you only have 200-300 bucks and are a beginner a spider III is'nt a bad investment for a budding musician. In fact, I loved my spider 3 when I first started playing guitar, I never experienced that much gain before and I was rocking out to metallica/ozzy etc etc night and day. You get a ton of simple effects and mods for pretty cheap.

One thing I do agree with as a fail is purchasing a line 6 spider head and cab as an upgrade to a professional level. I think there should be tone police out there to prevent this from happening.

* Because they're cheap
* Because they're entry level demographic doesn't know what they're going for, and the built in effects makes for a sampler platter, catering to their experimentation- if you will.
* Because those who buy them can't afford the stuff that is being modeled.
Quote by kylelagz
no my spider valve 212 is amazing, i love it.

spider valve is a good amp.

spider I, II and III are the entry level crapness amps which are a mark on line 6's otherwise good reputation.

Misinformed noobs who haven't read UG think "line 6 are good so i'll get a spider, it must be good, it's a line 6!". Misinformed noobs who post on UG think "spiders suck so line 6 sucks because brand determines everything, duh". Too much brand-faggery going on. Just about everything line 6 have made other than the solid state spider series has been decent, to my knowledge. i guess that otherwise, UG brandfags would be using it as an example to bash line 6 as a brand.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
When will people learn that Line6 simply keeps its decent models for its mid/high end equipment.

No company is going to spend years and hundreds of thousands tweaking models of the best amps to grace the planet only to put them into a cheapo sweatshop produced practice amp. Its just not good business.

Its simple anything that says Spider on it is trash, the rest is worthy of demo to see if you like it.

Argument OVER!!! lets not see any more of these threads please.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's all about the name. I can't remember who, but there's some big contemporary band that uses Line 6 that's making people lose their ****ing minds.

sounds like Meshuggah to me?

But they use the Vettas, which are awesome and ridiculously priced
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.