I just bought a Takamine g series guitar EG523SC and it of course has pickups built in. I just realized that there is a battery in the guitar which brings me to my question. Do I need a battery to still be able to play though an amp? Im just wondering because that would be a serious pain in the ass buying batteries all the time. I play alot of gigs and it would be nice not having to get buy a crapload of batteries.

Also in case your wondering I cant test it my self since I left my amp at my friends house.

Thanks
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

you have to have batteries sry but takamine is a great guitar
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
no, the batteries are for playing when you DONT have an amp. duh.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by vamprocker
you have to have batteries sry but takamine is a great guitar

Hey thanks for the reply. Damn that sucks, but your right Takamine is a great guitar. The only complaint I have (besides the battery thing) is the action is too high, but luckily that can be fixed. Also do you know how long the battery life it?
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

it think its like 200 hours of play time or something, but don't leave it plugged in!

at my church our old-guy church worship leader uses a yamaha and uses phantom power which supposedly some how lets him not worry about batteries... i don't really get it...

and DUDE NICE guitar! i envy ur face
^Thanks, I played it for 10 minutes and I was like "this is the guitar"

Quote by TK1
no, the batteries are for playing when you DONT have an amp. duh.

Its really not an unreasonable question. My Music Man guitar can play without the battery also the acoustic picks ups that I put into my other guitar doesn't require batteries, you just put in, plug in and play.
Quote by Meths

i'm thinking of getting that guitar, i was just wondering is it quite a big guitar as in does it feel uncomfortable to play when ur just relaxing/lounging around? im used to small guitars but i thought it looks great.
Quote by redking14ca
it think its like 200 hours of play time or something, but don't leave it plugged in!

at my church our old-guy church worship leader uses a yamaha and uses phantom power which supposedly some how lets him not worry about batteries... i don't really get it...

and DUDE NICE guitar! i envy ur face

Not to change the topic or anything, I just have some experience in this area I have been doing live sound mixing for about six years now. Phantom power is an option that most sound boards come with which allows you to send power, from the power supply of the board, to either specifically selected channels or all channels on the board. Some microphones need this as well to work. Just thought I would help clarify for you.
I don't believe it will work without batteries. But not to worry, electronics in guitars these days last at least 200 hours or so. My LR Baggs soundhole pickup will last 1000 hours.

Most systems will only drain the battery when the volume is up and the guitar is plugged in. Otherwise, the battery should be inactive.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i have the same guitar, its really nice, shame about the action
You are free to do what we tell you.
dude u gotta learn the difference between passive and active pickups. read my blog
Quote by mamosa
dude u gotta learn the difference between passive and active pickups. read my blog

Again, my Music man contains active pick ups, but it can still play through an amp without them.
Quote by ariasblues
i'm thinking of getting that guitar, i was just wondering is it quite a big guitar as in does it feel uncomfortable to play when ur just relaxing/lounging around? im used to small guitars but i thought it looks great.

Yes, it is a big guitar, so big infact in made me trade it in and get another takamine. A couple days after buying it I decided that this guitar isnt for me, the body is way to big and the action is too high which makes playing slightly more difficult.
Quote by Meths

Last edited by preludetowar at Jan 1, 2009,
i just got the takemine eg543sc and my lord it is AMAZING! such a great rich tone and so easy to play! i would recommend it to anyone and everyone!