I have always loved the looks/sound of firebirds, but I love strats just as much. If you guys were to buy one, which would you pick? I currently have a Epi LP and a fender blues junior 15w tube amp. Main influences are Hendrix/Frusciante/Neil Young. I think the strat would clearly be a bigger change tonewise from the Epi LP, but the firebird has some advanteges. Any of you guys have experiece with both and could give me your opinion? (Keep in mind I would probably be getting an epi firebird if I went with that choice, as well as a mexican strat if I chose the strat)
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Save up for an american strat/gibson instead. Useless to have more than one ****ty guitar.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Save up for an american strat/gibson instead. Useless to have more than one ****ty guitar.

dude...an epi les paul isnt a ****ty guitar(assuming its a standard or above)
neither is a mim strat
i havnt even seen an epi firebird though.
EDIT: TS, Strat would be the wiser choice tonewise, and you would have great versatlity with your setup.
But firebirds are sweet, and not many have them.
If you can find a good firebird, i say go for the firebird
I think the Strat would be better, tremolo and totally different sound from your Les Paul. I own two Les Paul's and a Strat, the Strat is my favourite even though I play metal all the time. A BC Rich up your ass to anyone who says you can't play metal with Strats.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.