So i hear that these amps use an actually tube?

So is it just one tube in the pre amp section?

Do these sound good?

Are they worth buying?

I'm thinking about buying a AD15VT

So how loud would it go? loud enough to play with a drummer?

Thanks
1.yes it has a tube in the preamp, but the amp is still mostly SS
2.yes, just one
3.they sound good for a hybrid amp
4.They are worth buying if you want a good tone for a low price
5. Its probaly not loud enough to play with a drummer
I leik music
Thanks, you answered all my questions.

ya know ug needs more people like you who get straight to the point.

any one else wanna say?
Quote by forsaknazrael
If you wanna play with a drummer, he'd have to play fairly soft.

Extremely soft.

I can't be heard with my AD30VT on full blast with someone I'd consider a moderate-hitting drummer. I've yet to find a soft playing drummer
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You could play it safe and go with the VT30, it should be loud enough. The Valve-Reactor circuit, which is where the tube is (it's not in the pre-amp), really gives these amps alot of tube-like punch, in effect it sounds louder than a similar-wattage SS amp much like an all-tube amp does.

So i hear that these amps use an actually tube?
Yes, a 12AX7.

So is it just one tube in the pre amp section?
It is one tube, but it is not in the preamp section, it's in the power amp section. Going against traditional thinking, this is actually what gives this hybrid a very close to true tube sound.

Do these sound good?
IMO, incredibly good.

Are they worth buying?
I personally don't think any similarly priced amp gives you the vast array of sounds this thing does.

I'm thinking about buying a AD15VT.
They are supposedly decent, I've never tried an ADxxVT amp but from what I hear the new VT's are much better, hell they doubled the amount of models on it.

So how loud would it go? loud enough to play with a drummer?
As I said, it should. I think to go much louder with the same tonal quality will take you way up in price range. The cool thing is, they have a power attenuator that lets you "turn it down" without changing the tone quality (I don't think this feature is on the AD15VT, it is on the VT15).
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Quote by SwamperGene
You could play it safe and go with the VT30, it should be loud enough. The Valve-Reactor circuit, which is where the tube is (it's not in the pre-amp), really gives these amps alot of tube-like punch, in effect it sounds louder than a similar-wattage SS amp much like an all-tube amp does.

I forgot to mention that... the circuitry is different than what everyone assumed. It's wired into the preamp AND poweramp, so you get more volume and better tone (not necessarily as loud as a true tube, though).

As said, the VT30 would probably be fine gigging, these things can maintain their cleans well.
nice amps but even the 30 watt is too low to play with a drummer...i cranked my friends all the way up and it'd struggle against a loud drummer....i was impressed with the sound though, beat the hell out of his friends frontman....and a better boston/guns n roses type distortion than my blues jr. if you like that (not surprising since my blues jr. wasnt made for that)
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"