So with what I play now, my sound is just kinda muddy and not very satisfying. I want to make it all tighter with more clarity, especially in the bass range.. How would I go about doing this?
I'm currently playing an Ibanez S520 through a Boss NS-2 into a Randall RH50T. I'll be buying EMG's for my Ibanez and new preamp tubes for the Randall (whether it tightens it up or not that's what I was planning on doing ), but would this do the trick? Or should I buy an OD to help tighten it up as I see people doing.
I play like As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, I Killed The Prom Queen, etc. Any help?

Thanks.
This is our last chance.
Just try this and tell me what happens...

Plug your guitar STRAIGHT into your amp with out the pedal.

Also, how long is your instrument cord and what are the EQ settings on your guitar/amp?
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

putting EMGs in your ibanez won't have much of an effect on your tone. Try just EQing your amp a bit more, turn down the distortion and turn up the bass if you want the bass more clear
I leik music
Something that helped me a lot was setting the amp at lower gain and then driving it more with an OD pedal.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
thementor: I've tried removing the pedal, it doesn't really do anything.
I have a 21 ft cable going from the guitar to the pedal, then 5 ft cable from the pedal to the amp. My eq is... Bass: 1:30-2 o'clock-ish, Mids: 3 o'clock-ish, and Highs maxed out. Oh, and Gain is around 4 o'clock.

[victorinox]: I play in C Standard and Drop B, and I'm using Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky's (12's I believe).

col50: I understand that the EMG's won't really improve the tone, but I planned on getting them anyways, and doing the 18v mod and then maybe down the road getting an eq pedal too.

gwitersnamps: See, that's what I'm thinking. I just wanted some more opinions.
This is our last chance.
I know sometimes putting that thick of strings on a guitar with so low a tuning can mess with the guitar's intonation and overall sound unless you make necessary modifications to the bridge.
I considered that being a cause of it too, though I didn't change them myself, I had it all set up properly. Maybe it just kinda came undone a little bit after a while?
This is our last chance.
If it were done professionally, there shouldn't be much of a problem in that regard. Even with the strings not being properly stretched, all you'd notice is a gradual drop in the tuning as you were playing. If that was the case in why it is so bollocks'd up, I wouldn't even know what to say, other than the guy who did it should be fired and beaten with a fire hose.
Yeah, it was professionally done, and the tuning has been perfectly stable for the 4 months it's been set up.
This is our last chance.
Haha, I guess so

But do you think the whole EMG + retubing would do it, or should I go buy an OD pedal along with them and use that and such.
This is our last chance.
Quote by dragxthexwaters
thementor: I've tried removing the pedal, it doesn't really do anything.
I have a 21 ft cable going from the guitar to the pedal, then 5 ft cable from the pedal to the amp. My eq is... Bass: 1:30-2 o'clock-ish, Mids: 3 o'clock-ish, and Highs maxed out. Oh, and Gain is around 4 o'clock.

Do you know that your guitar is the problem? If you say it's a real muddy tone then it's prob your amp/pedal... The reason I was asking about cord length is that sometimes people who don't need them buy 50 - foot cords, then complain about sound. Longer cord = worse sound.

Pedal's also tend to dirty up sound, sometimes to a point of not a un-distguishable sound.

Your amp may be the cause of these troubles. I suggest playing on another amp before going through the trouble of taking it in or changing the pickups.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.