Page 1 of 5
What are some artists/musicians that you feel you can out play,or are more talented than?

Such as i feel I am a better drummer than Meg White.....

edit: also vocalists,guitarists,bassists you are better than
not just bands

discuss.
Last edited by //ANDREW\\ at Dec 29, 2008,
pete wentz

and the jonas brothers
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by //ANDREW\\

Such as i feel I am a better drummer than Meg White.....

discuss.

Hell dude, my only drumming experience comes from Rock Band and tapping on a desk, and even I'M better than Meg White.

Still doesn't make me any more successful...
Korn,
Anthrax,
Limp Bizkit,
and any other rap metal band.

Also,
name a rap or hiphop "artist"
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by inhatredofme
i'm far superior to angus young...or any other 3 chord "superstars"

you can blame malcolm on that. angus is pretty much just the solos
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by sneyob
Korn,
Anthrax,
Limp Bizkit,

Also,

FAIL.
You're*
Quote by ihavenoname93
you can blame malcolm on that. angus is pretty much just the solos

Yeah, but Malcom writes some damn good music. Angus does annoy me though.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
I think the vast majority of us are safe in the knowledge that we are better than Soulja Boy...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Survivalism
FAIL.

What?

They started it.

And by being associated with rap for just one song,
that's the genre I'll put them in.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Everyone on the disney label.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
omg im totally liek moar talented then rappers. they just talk and rhyme. i mean they dont even play instruments.
Quote by sneyob
Korn,
Limp Bizkit,

Also,

+1

Alexi Laiho isn't really that great I'm sure a lot of other people on UG are far better than him. (i mean he thinks Dream Theater are untalented for **** sake. It would take the most stupid person in the world to say that. Whether you like their music or not you can't deny they're talented).

Anyone from Slipknot.
if it takes 9 members to make a band you're doing something wrong

Cannibal Corpse.
They're a joke.
seriously.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
David Gilmour
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Quote by signedinbloodnz

Anyone from Slipknot.

Hey hey hey, it takes a special kind of musician to bang on a keg with a baseball bat. That kind of talent isn't created out of thin air.

Quote by enemy120
David Gilmour

Good joke. I laughed.
Quote by Doppelgänger
omg im totally liek moar talented then rappers. they just talk and rhyme. i mean they dont even play instruments.

I know you are being sarcastic so I am agreeing with you that people give rappers a hard time. Good rap requires great skill and there is some really good rap out there. There is also some really **** rap out there mind you. Just like there is really **** rock, really **** metal and really **** pop. There are ****ty examples of every genre, and people tend to concentrate on those when it comes to genres they don't like.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by signedinbloodnz
+1

Alexi Laiho isn't really that great I'm sure a lot of other people on UG are far better than him. (i mean he thinks Dream Theater are untalented for **** sake. It would take the most stupid person in the world to say that. Whether you like their music or not you can't deny they're talented).

Anyone from Slipknot.

Cannibal Corpse.

They're a joke.
seriously.

Play this please.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by signedinbloodnz
+1

Anyone from Slipknot.

Cannibal Corpse.
They're a joke.
seriously.

DUDE WTF HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING, Now i know Alexi Laiho isn't THE best but hell he's more underated then any guitarist out there, More people know the name of Sam Totman than his.

And could you maybe SHOW where he said that Dream Theater are untalented ? I bet you can't.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by Doppelgänger

Someone give me an example of difficult/good/not **** rap and I'll change my point of view.

I do not believe that rap requires anymore than the basic skills most humans develop by the age of five.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by happytimeharry
Hey hey hey, it takes a special kind of musician to bang on a keg with a baseball bat. That kind of talent isn't created out of thin air.

For what it's worth, Clown's drumming in Dirty Little Rabbits is infinitely better than his work with Slipknot.

Quote by G-loony
DUDE WTF HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING, Now i know Alexi Laiho isn't THE best but hell he's more underated then any guitarist out there, More people know the name of Sam Totman than his.

And could you maybe SHOW where he said that Dream Theater are untalented ? I bet you can't.

Alexi is in no way, shape, or form underrated.
You're*
^ Lupe Fiasco is a pretty good rapper
and Zach De La Rocha i guess

and also
im sure we can all agree that you are even better than this drummer

none of them, because they have something i don't: fans

i dont care if my playing is superior, it doesn't have the same amount of people listening to it, and that is most important to me. they must be doing something right, simplistic or not, they are succeeding. so if i sweep pick and Angus Young plays a few power chords, whos better, well...im more technical, but better, not in my book.
Quote by sneyob
Someone give me an example of difficult/good/not **** rap and I'll change my point of view.

I do not believe that rap requires anymore than the basic skills most humans develop by the age of five.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by sneyob

Man I'm not a fan of rap/hip-hop by ANY means, but even I can recognize that much of it requires quite a bit of skill. Rhyming and not sounding like an idiot isn't as easy as it seems. Also, creating beats is just as creative as making riffs.
Quote by TSmitty6

i dont care if my playing is superior, it doesn't have the same amount of people listening to it, and that is most important to me. they must be doing something right, simplistic or not, they are succeeding. so if i sweep pick and Angus Young plays a few power chords, whos better, well...im more technical, but better, not in my book.

Just because you have fans doesn't mean you're good.

Quote by happytimeharry
Man I'm not a fan of rap/hip-hop by ANY means, but even I can recognize that much of it requires quite a bit of skill. Rhyming and not sounding like an idiot isn't as easy as it seems. Also, creating beats is just as creative as making riffs.

You're right, it's not. That's why there are a million different artists on any given rap song.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
For what it's worth, Clown's drumming in Dirty Little Rabbits is infinitely better than his work with Slipknot.

I'm sure it is. I just like pickin' on the guy.

Keg slamming while spinning in the air makes for a good show.
I play lead better than Neil Young but he is a better songwriter than 98% of all guitarists.
Quote by happytimeharry
I'm sure it is. I just like pickin' on the guy.

Keg slamming while spinning in the air makes for a good show.

Honestly, I believe he's the weakest link in Slipknot. I like the band and I'll admit it, but there are times where his drumming is downright cacophonous.
You're*
Quote by TSmitty6

+1095
Page 1 of 5