Pit I need some serious help, please no crap responses like " fap ROFL" or anything else.

So heres how its going down....

I have to jam with a hopeful new band, a great one I might add, 100x better than I expected. they chose me to jam with and see if I'm really great to have as a new addition.

now heres the problem. My stepdad just told me I had to go out job hunting tomorrow with him. And you know, the **** thing is, the jam session is in Baytown, about 45 minutes to and hour away. Chances are, Steve won't drive me there after being around town.

bad news is, we've been planning this for over 2 weeks, and I don't think I can let them down with out giving a bad impression of me, or that I will do that alot.

Please help pit

I've even thought about lying, saying I've been in a car accident, but that could backfire horribly.

-Kai
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
WHOA. pit and serious can NOT be in the same sentence. it's a major contradiction.
baytown?
Houston?

**** looking for a job!
Tell him you will, and go try out instead!
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Tell your stepdad you feel too ill to go out, then just kinda sneak out?

Oh and you know you're gonna get joke replies, if you say not to it just spurs 'em on.
My plan- Tell your dad. He'll understand if you REALLY want this. You can always go hunting, but some chances only come once in a lifetime.

OR

Go hunting with your dad and tell yourself family is more important. Your choice, not ours.

BTW

Prepare for pit bashing.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by Tire Me.
Tell your dad you're going for a job interview as a musician.

^ I wondered to, I'm guessing his step-dad.

This because its true
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
tell your stepdad that hes not ur real dad and he will be like ..
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
You could just ask your dad to rearrange the job hunting trip and go to the jam session instead...

It seems really simple to me.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
ok here it is

its a matter of whats more important to you. you love this band and your music more than anything, than do everything necessary to achieve what you feel is necessary. if getting a job means more and making your step dad happy as well, than dont do anything, it wasnt worth in your heart to play with them, go get the job. matter of integrity and passion, your choice.
Quote by Kai07
Pit I need some serious help, please no crap responses like " fap ROFL" or anything else.

So heres how its going down....

I have to jam with a hopeful new band, a great one I might add, 100x better than I expected. they chose me to jam with and see if I'm really great to have as a new addition.

now heres the problem. My stepdad just told me I had to go out job hunting tomorrow with him. And you know, the **** thing is, the jam session is in Baytown, about 45 minutes to and hour away. Chances are, Steve won't drive me there after being around town.

bad news is, we've been planning this for over 2 weeks, and I don't think I can let them down with out giving a bad impression of me, or that I will do that alot.

Please help pit

I've even thought about lying, saying I've been in a car accident, but that could backfire horribly.

-Kai

leave early, get a butt load of applications, then go and jam with the band. How hard is that?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

well how are you suppose to get to practice normally even after you go this one time if its an hour away?
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
just tell your dad that this is important to you and you would appreiciate it if he let you go
Seriousness? In MY Pit? It's more likely than you think.
sig goes here
stop bitchin' and get a job you scumsucking layabout....

tell them, you need to reschedule cos you have interviews etc and do it another day.

job=better/more kit
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg
stop bitchin' and get a job you scumsucking layabout....

tell them, you need to reschedule cos you have interviews etc and do it another day.

job=better/more kit

Uhhhh, yeah see, I WANT a job, but a career in music beats flipping burgers at BK.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
leave early, get a butt load of applications, then go and jam with the band. How hard is that?

as I said he might not drive me after driving around all day.

And yes, Steve is my stepdad.

So...ask him to hold off?

EDIT: By the way, my Stepdad is NOT a kind sweet one, hes more of an asshole. a BIG one.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Last edited by Kai07 at Dec 29, 2008,
Just tell him you really wanna try out for this band, and it means a lot to you. But, tell him you will look for jobs the next day, and actually do it.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Just tell him you really wanna try out for this band, and it means a lot to you. But, tell him you will look for jobs the next day, and actually do it.

This is actually what I'm thinking about doing. but I dont have a car, so I cant drive, and My bike won't take me very far.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
^Rides. I have a friend who can drive me, but he doesn't have his car today.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK