This is not a pup, this is a microphone, and microphones should be amplified through PA.
I know it is read my post. I have a piezo pup in my electric. I was asking if i could amplify it with that. It just happens to come with a mic. I have no clue how you came up with that response.
Quote by Petrucciowns
I know it is read my post. I have a piezo pup in my electric. I was asking if i could amplify it with that. It just happens to come with a mic. I have no clue how you came up with that response.

Your link goes to a page with only a microphone and some other audio equipment, no pup.
a small acoustic amp?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
I wish I had $500 bucks to spend but I am on a budget. It isnt going to be used in a band setting.
lol @ all the replies.

I don't know much about Piezo pickups but keyboard amps can take almost everything without having any issues
I leik music
Quote by dudey5691
wait, piezo pickups in electric guitars usually can be run through regular amps, can they not? that's what Petrucci and countless others do?

If you mean ACOUSTIC-electric, it's not much different, just an acoustic amp would sound better.

That's what I've thought. I've always heard piezo pickups played through normal amps.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
no I have an ibanez with a graphtech ghost piezo pickup. I was told that for the best acoustic clarity I should not play it through a guitar amplifier.
Quote by Petrucciowns
no I have an ibanez with a graphtech ghost piezo pickup. I was told that for the best acoustic clarity I should not play it through a guitar amplifier.

what about on the clean channel?

Regardless, you are sending it through a power amp of sorts to amplify it.
A preamp should be installed in your guitar, correct? It should work, and sound fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvgoZzIzXE
yeah it has a preamp, I havent installed it yet I just ordered it. Im just thinking my mid, bass and treble setting for my electric are going to affect the sound of the acoustic. I only have one eq for both channels.
well if you got graph tech piezo then you have a stereo jack. one should go to your normal amp and the other can go either to a P.A., keyboard amp, or a acoustic amp. you can go through it through the electric amp but it won't sound as good
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
i honestly don't know about P.A.'s or those speakers to recommend them.

would i would recommend is, AFTER you have your piezo system fully functional, go to your local music shop with your guitar and try out different acoustic amps, P.A.s, ect.

sorry i can't be of much help
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
If you have an EQ for it, you won't need an amp. You can just use PA. Of course, I would still run it through an acoustic amp, but that's just me.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray