Someone offered to sell this amp to me at a pretty good price (or at least I think it's a good price, I'm not sure what one of these would fetch). Anyway, it's a vintage Acoustic Control 60 Watts, Eminence speaker for $275. Specs can be found here
http://www.pirk.estranky.cz/stranka/acoustic-g60t-mod_163-brown-tolex-_cz-_-english_
Do you think it's worth it? If I don't get this I'll probably end up with a Crate V-33 because I know somewhere that hasn't sold out yet and still has them for $250 but I'm keeping it on the DL for now . The main reason I'm attracted to the Crate is the warranty. I can't exactly return a vintage amp if something goes wrong.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
have you played through it yet? seems like a fairly low gain amp, but looks very nice. i'd scoop that up personally, considering it's in tip top shape and a great price... and i need some vintage tone
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I'd go for the crate... for this reason.

Have you ever heard of Acoustic Control? No? There's probably a reason for that, besides the fact that it's vintage.

Go for the crate. It will take you farther in the long run.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
I'd go for the crate... for this reason.

Have you ever heard of Acoustic Control? No? There's probably a reason for that, besides the fact that it's vintage.

Go for the crate. It will take you farther in the long run.

I have actually, I know that John Paul Jones used one of their bass amps and Robbie Krieger of the doors used one of their tube amps. Other than that, no I don't know of anyone else who has used them.
EDIT: I haven't tried it yet but the guy selling it says it sounds similar to a Mesa Mark series. I of course will get a chance to try it out before I buy it and decide for myself but I just wanted to get a general idea.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Dec 29, 2008,
Did some research and looks like they actually have a few notable musicians that used their amps. No not as many as Crate but then again, I don't think any notable musicians use the V33. Just a side note...how much clean headroom does the V33 have?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Acoustic makes rape bass amps.
I dunno how the guitar amps are tho.

I would recommend the crate mostly for what you said: the warranty
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
Acoustic makes rape bass amps.
I dunno how the guitar amps are tho.

I would recommend the crate mostly for what you said: the warranty

Yeah, one question though...is rape good or bad in this case?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
/thread

*closed for spammness*
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
/thread

*closed for spammness*

This and the post below is the only spam in the thread so far...
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
the good kind of rape
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
the good kind of rape

Haha, mkay then. I think I'll at least try it out. I have no doubt in my mind that it will sound better than a $250 V-33 (not saying it's a bad amp, in fact, considering the price it's effin great but I definitely think I could find more for mah money used.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
What are some other alternatives that I could pick up used for around $300?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
I would go for it dude.

Look at it this way -

If the amp is "vintage" and still works, there must be something right with it and you probably wouldn't even need a warranty in the first place.

Maybe twisted logic, but still. Tube amps are easy fixes, either by yourself or by a tech. If you live in Seattle, shouldn't be a problem to get it fixed. No need for warranties imo.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!