ello UGer's,

Really wanna try out these guitars and can't really seem to find a store on the internet with even a medium sized selection, ttly sucks living here without any biiiiig guitar stores like in america!

So best place to try out some Epiphone Les Pauls?
Any help is appreciated as I don't think there are too many of us aussies on here.

Thanks in advance!
Umm have you looked at billy hyde or allans, or cranbourne music? they have a fair selection and have online stores
yeah and the only ones that have any epi's listed are allans which are way overpriced and still very limited in selection.
May I suggest using Alans to try them out and see whether you like them etc. Then us other alternatives to buy, like Ebay Australia or Trading Post. If you find somewhere on them that is close to you I doubt they would mind you coming over to try it out first. Also maybe look into some of the Japanese Ebay stores where they have cheap but good quality copies and stuff.
umm allans arnt over priced me and my brother have got some amazing deals on their gear, and there better prices than billy hyde
Quote by nathan_89
their online price for an epiphone lp standard is $1,300.

No it's not, it's $679.15.
I was in Allans the other day and they had a heap of Epi LP's that weren't over priced.

I don't like Allans though, as compared to smaller dealers, being a chain, it feels like they don't give a toss about who you are etc, if that makes sense?
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
Quote by bicko19
I was in Allans the other day and they had a heap of Epi LP's that weren't over priced.

I don't like Allans though, as compared to smaller dealers, being a chain, it feels like they don't give a toss about who you are etc, if that makes sense?

yeah i get what youre saying, but, it mainly comes down to availability and price for me, although i l,ike to support the small stores i cant when they dont have what i want.

which allans do you mean? the one in the city?
Yeah the one in the city. I had a lot of bad experiences with the one in Ballarat and I refuse to buy from Allan's at all now.

If you get a chance check out Music Workshop in Geelong, they have Epi's and Gibsons, good service too. And if your in Melbourne a quick trip down the highway never hurt!!

http://www.musicworkshop.com.au/

I don't think they list everything they have instore on the site, but give them a call maybe? I know they have Epi Les Pauls as I was in their not too long ago looking at them myself.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
Billy Hyde is good... I don't understand how none of your music stores could have them, Melbourne is a huge place. I live in a little sh*t town in Northern NSW and both the guitar stores here have at least 5 Epiphone LPs each.
piano and music shop corner warrigal and centre rd .. they have heaps of epi lp's there .. also gallin's guitars in prahran has a fair bit
How can Allans be overpriced when they have a price matching policy?

You're right, they have that big chain feel and you don't get the service or attention you'd get from a smaller store. But in the end a combination of price matching (best price) and their payment plans (pay over 3 months) means I invariably buy from them.
Yeah Billy Hyde is always good, they always throw in a good deal.

Except that onetime they wouldn't budge on the price of a EHX Metal Muff.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣