Takamines have thinner necks. Although, I played an S6 yesterday and it sounded absolutely amazing. I'm a Takamine fanboy, but I'll admit it sounded better than the Tak.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Takamines have thinner necks. Although, I played an S6 yesterday and it sounded absolutely amazing. I'm a Takamine fanboy, but I'll admit it sounded better than the Tak.

are they a lot bigger or would i even notice?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
They aren't a lot bigger, but it is a noticable difference. Not much, but the Seagulll was a little bit thicker. So basically, you will notice, but it more than likely won't really bother you.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
They aren't a lot bigger, but it is a noticable difference. Not much, but the Seagulll was a little bit thicker. So basically, you will notice, but it more than likely won't really bother you.

i had a jasmine and it wasn't trouble at all to play. So hopefully the seagull wont be a bother. Is there a guitar with a slimmer neck with the quality of a seagull?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Well, Takamines really are quality. The one I played in comparison with the S6 was in pretty bad shape, so it really wasn't a fair comparison.

But seriously, if it comes down to it the Seagull really shouldn't bother you. The difference is noticeable, but negligable, if that makes sense.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
small hands i will strongly recommend the takamine .. it will be alot more fun to play .. the seagull neck gets some getting use to
take it easy man .. its just a thread
Yeah, it's probably best not to take small hand comfort tips from me. I have massive hands. Seriously. We're talking a good 8 or 9 inches from my wrist to the tip of my middle finger.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone

WHOAAA. Never thought I'd hear that from you. hahaha

I also have quite short fingers(they're stubby too ), but the neck on a Seagull feels more comfortable to me for some reason. While it did take a bit of getting used to, once I did, I absolutely loved it. It gives me a little more freedom with fingerpicking and gives me that extra space for my left hand to play more confidently(because my stubby fingers get in the way and I hit the other strings sometimes).
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
WHOAAA. Never thought I'd hear that from you. hahaha

I also have quite short fingers(they're stubby too ), but the neck on a Seagull feels more comfortable to me for some reason. While it did take a bit of getting used to, once I did, I absolutely loved it. It gives me a little more freedom with fingerpicking and gives me that extra space for my left hand to play more confidently(because my stubby fingers get in the way and I hit the other strings sometimes).

I know. I almost committed suicide right then and there on the bench in the acoustic room for saying there was a better guitar than a Tak BUT in the guitar's defense, it seemed as though some idiot had really messed it up somehow, because I remembered how it sounded and felt a week or two prior to playing it, and there was just something wrong.

Although I will admit...Seagull makes some quality guitars. I'll probably get one AFTER I get my dream Tak
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray