Page 1 of 2
so everyone goes through atleast one phase or is part of one stereotype in their lives. what where yours?

mine was a typical metalhead image, longish hair wore mostly band t-shirts and camo pants and black jeans, and studded belts and wristbands and all that stuff.

i still do sometimes, but more or less i just really don't bother with stereotypes although i am still a metalhead.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

There was a point where all I would wear was black shirts.

Thank God I stopped that.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
There was a point where all I would wear was black shirts.

Thank God I stopped that.

Same.
I was stereotypically emo for a while. Not black-hair-wannabe-goth emo, the old school black-rimmed-glasses/sweater-vests/writing-lame-poetry-and-poor-acoustic-songs emo. The original emo.

I'm transitioning slowly into the Metalhead image, but I'm staying conscientious about it. I'm wearing band shirts but they're generally bands that aren't exclusively metal. I look metal, but its hard to wrap it all together with a "The Decemberists" shirt. Even if it is black.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
I'm currently going through the teenager phase.

Symptoms:

Acne
Mood Swings
Failed Attempts to Get Laid
Broken Bones
Failed Attempts to Fly
Many, Many Pointless Late Nights in the Pit.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

i remember in middle school I wanted to be a goth kid. Never actually did it, and im glad
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I was stereotypically emo just cause I listened to that music and never even dressed like it. Not your poppy emo crap, but stuff like benton falls and copeland.

Now I am a metalhead and my friends know that
ooooh god
i never really got into "steryotypes" until like 9th grade.
all through out middle school and elementary i wore like jogging pants...i dont know why.
but in ninth grade i was some weird variation of "punk". i wore suit pants and a big sweatshirt.
10th grade i was "emo". i didnt consider myself emo, but i wore very tight girl pants, and i have long hair.
and i had my lip ring.

basically the only reason i dressed like that is because, im not the most attractive person on the planet, but tight pants and long hair literally got ALL the chicks.

last year in 11th grade, and this year in 11th grade (i stayed back) i go back and forth from man pants to girl pants...
im just classified as "musician" in my school now lol.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
I tried to be Canadian once but I couldn't stand all the maple syrup and hockey.
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Quote by ThisILove
I tried to be Canadian once but I couldn't stand all the maple syrup and hockey.

Clearly sir, there is a problem with you.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I guess I look like a general heavy/death metal dude, which is weird because I don't really like either of those genres.

When I was a teenager I looked like a stoner all the time, semi long hair, fuzzy upper lip mustache (can't grow anything real as a teen lol) and my blue jeans/pink floyd and other tye dye shirts.

Althought, I wasn't a stoner either, stereotypes don't ever classify my correctly lol.
Ghetto/rap
rock
metal
hardrock
stoner without pot
rock
80's metal
stoner with pot
hard rock/ 80's metal without pot
Well from 4th grade to 8th grade I was the faggy crying weakling nerd kid. Since then I've basically had the normal look around here, which is pretty generic aside from the plaid shorts that show up during the summer months.
I was a skater kid in middle school and then kind hippieish I guess. Still kinda hippieish I guess. I play in a funk/reggae jam, band play acoustic guitar way more than electric, listen to religious amounts of psychedelic/jam music and am a peace queer. I have never smoked pot though...
I was like exclusively emo-y punk (though ironically i hated emos). But I stopped being an elitist. Now I still kinda dress punk, but I wear a lot more rude-boy-ish clothes.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
I went through the whole BROOOOOOTAAAAAALLLLZZZ!!!!! phase from about fourteen to about fifteen or sixteen. At some point I realized that music didn't need to be heavy to be good and that because it was heavy didn't mean it was good, and I stopped wearing skulls and chains and all that bull****, cause not only did I look like a douche bag but I felt like one for actually spending money on that crap. I'm just thankful that I've never owned any pointy or jagged guitars, not that it would hurt to have one or two more guitars but I don't know if I would have been able to dislodge my head from my ass after buying a pointy guitar just because it was pointy.
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd

basically the only reason i dressed like that is because, im not the most attractive person on the planet, but tight pants and long hair literally got ALL the chicks.

What school did you go too were long hair and tight pants got chicks? Emo or metal head style they both get nothinging but freshmen and nasty bitches. When you say chicks i'm thinking smoking hot babes not your run-a-the-mill Skater girl. At my school Im the only white guy in all of my classes, everyone assumes i'm a pot headed skater and we have no hot chicks, not even one, we are F***ing ugly.
I used to be a dirty kid, tight camo pants, tweed vest, crappy grey t shirt, just gross.
But now on the other hand im just called a musician, wich is okay i guess.
idk what mine was but people started copying me for a few months.

Long hair (Still have)
Plaid jackets (Still wear)
Write and paint my Chuck Taylors
Wear band shirts (still do some)
I've pretty much been normal/no frills my whole life. Recently I've added a few band shirts to my wardrobe. Not really a stereotype kinda guy but I mainly wear blue jeans and a T-Shirt.
went from nerdy metalhead

to skater

to i dont really know what to call it... wigger?
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
As of late, I wear nothing but band t-shirts, jeans, studded belts, and a bandana-headband hybrid that I made myself...and my Iron Maiden vans. I'm not exactly sure what stereotype that is, nor do I care.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Ganshar
What school did you go too were long hair and tight pants got chicks? Emo or metal head style they both get nothinging but freshmen and nasty bitches. When you say chicks i'm thinking smoking hot babes not your run-a-the-mill Skater girl. At my school Im the only white guy in all of my classes, everyone assumes i'm a pot headed skater and we have no hot chicks, not even one, we are F***ing ugly.

I like how that slowly evolved into a rant.
Quote by SGstriker
As of late, I wear nothing but band t-shirts, jeans, studded belts, and a bandana-headband hybrid that I made myself...and my Iron Maiden vans. I'm not exactly sure what stereotype that is, nor do I care.

Those iron maiden vans are sick. I'm the usual scene kid look but I actually listen to good music

Children of Bodom shirt, Checkered black and white tight jeans, Few chains, Studded Belt, black slip on vans.

And to the guy that says long hair and tight jeans can't get hot girls

Pretty much every hot scene/metal girl I've talked to always say how the "scene"/emo/metal look is hot. They practically faint over dudes like that.

Now the cheerleader type may not be into guys like that but i'm not into cheerleader girls so it works out.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I've never changed from somebody who hates fads and trends. Unless that is a fad or trend itself, because that would be quite hypocritical. I have friends from just about every group of people though so it's cool.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
I'm every stereotype(Except the loser ones...No, the loser ones too )
I've got long hair(Hella long, like past the shoulder blade:Bottom of the blades, not the top)
I've got the Punk Rock "Don't give a sh*t" attitude(or so I've been told)
I've been told I look Metal AND Grunge, like metal cause of the band T-shirts and dark colors,and Grunge because of the flanels, and the ripped jeans(Ripped the old fassioned way, not the douchey"Bought them this way"way, or the "Did it with scissors" way.)
I'm an Uber band geek, but people also tell me that that makes me cooler(Which is sweet!)
I HATE Emos!!!! Even though every Emo I've met has been pretty cool (those dicks...making me feel like an ass for hating them!) Well, I don't really fall into any specific stereotype, I'm just too cool for that it seems. ( I think my group is "Elitists" ) *Laughs quietly to himself*
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Last edited by fret-less at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Tight jeans, band tees/v necks, american apparel hoodie, fringy hair
It's not so bad being trendy...

You like For Today so your cool in my book

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
Those iron maiden vans are sick. I'm the usual scene kid look but I actually listen to good music

Children of Bodom shirt, Checkered black and white tight jeans, Few chains, Studded Belt, black slip on vans.

And to the guy that says long hair and tight jeans can't get hot girls

Pretty much every hot scene/metal girl I've talked to always say how the "scene"/emo/metal look is hot. They practically faint over dudes like that.

Now the cheerleader type may not be into guys like that but i'm not into cheerleader girls so it works out.

Haha, I love those Vans...I think they are causing blisters on my toes though.

I think the way you could classify my "stereotype" would be an 80s Rock band...I kind of have the Duff McKagan (GNR) and the Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue) thing going...only not near as cool.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker
Haha, I love those Vans...I think they are causing blisters on my toes though.

I think the way you could classify my "stereotype" would be an 80s Rock band...I kind of have the Duff McKagan (GNR) and the Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue) thing going...only not near as cool.

And Kat Von D isn't your girlfriend

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
I laugh at all the people who think it doesn't matter what you wear, and think they're somehow taking a moral highroad by ignoring it all and just being boring and average, aesthetically.

Newsflash, it does matter. You can argue whether or not it should, but that's the reality. And you know who it really matters to? Almost everyone else, including the girls you like. Especially the more attractive and socially conscious ones. And whether or not they have a good personality, or whether or not you're into any of those girls, you're not making it any easier on yourself by looking average, unoriginal and boring. Will they like you for your personality? Hopefully. But dressing the way you do often won't even give you much of a chance.

When you don't know someone, you often go by what you can to make some sort of evaluation on what kind of person they might be. And if you look like you just don't care, which would in many of these cases be an accurate assumption, often makes girls wonder why they should care about you either. Initial attraction accounts for a lot, and is what leads to something more substantial.

Everything is in the details, and dressing to impress always gets you ahead. The trick is to master the art of making it all appear effortless, even when it isn't. It's charisma, a simple fact of life. And it's why a lot of the guys people here rag on get the girls they want.

If nothing else, all girls aside, you should care about your appearance if for no other reason than it is a physical testament to your personal well-being.
Quote by Necrophagist777
And Kat Von D isn't your girlfriend

Thanks for reminding me.

Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
I'm going through what is known as the "Individual" phase.

i basically try to be myself, and try to look nice.

for several years all i've worn is Jeans, T-shirts (band t's, assorted colored shirts (usually red or black) and polos, and converse basketball shoes, cause they're comfy.

what does that make me?
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Dec 29, 2008,
Since I can remember I've worn Jeans, t-shirts (band tees + more), collared shirts, and recently started wearing sweaters. Also I've worn the same kind of shoes since 6th grade (addidas with blue sidelines) what does that make me? >_>
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Kinda when you think of it I have never blended with anything...
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Ever since I was about 6, I've been called a goth. I used to get really upset about it, but now I actually know what they are, so I'm quite flattered about being labelled one.

I also went through a hippy phase.
XIAOXI
Page 1 of 2