Ok right now for church I'm running my acoustic to the DI box to the PA system ect...blah blah

Is an acoustic amp necessary because when I plugged my electric straight to the the PA it sounded crap (obviously)

and even if plugging it straight to the PA system is fine, what are some practical ways to give my acoustic an even nicer tone?
like a pedal or something, right now I'm thinking an EQ

so tell me what you think
Well, you don't need an EQ if you have an onboard EQ. And the DI box is probably the best you can do.

And you don't really NEED anything between the guitar and PA as long as there is an EQ somewhere in the equation. Whether it is on the guitar or a seperate EQ, it doesn't matter, just as long as you have an EQ.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^this^

A miked amp will always sound better than a straight PA system, obviously.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

No the guitar doesn't have an onboard EQ and the PA people don't really know how to set the EQ well but if you say it's all good...it's all good
If your going to be staying in one place while playing you could mic the guitar. I have a Shure PG-57 and I get some great sound when I mic my acoustic.
Micing your guitar will probably give you better tone. Since you say you don't have onboard EQ, that means you don't have onboard electronics. Micing will be the easiest thing to do, and it is really hard to mess up the sound coming from a microphone. The only problem there is that you can't move around.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Micing your guitar will probably give you better tone. Since you say you don't have onboard EQ, that means you don't have onboard electronics. Micing will be the easiest thing to do, and it is really hard to mess up the sound coming from a microphone. The only problem there is that you can't move around.

I've got the John Lennon epiphone model, so it only has onboard volume and tone controls and thanks for all the advice, I think I'll try out a belt clip pre amp and see if it helps. Mic'ing it might not be as practical...

Thanks again