I'm celebrating Christmas over New Year's Eve this year because my girlfriend lives three hours away. We decided to not spend mucho dinero on each other this year, and she's heavily into underground artists/bands.

For her present this year, I burned copies of the three CDs released earlier this year on the Pit (The second batch of original songs by users, I believe), the Blues/Jazz album from the Blues/Jazz board, and the Christmas compilation CD. Among these tracks I slipped in an original song that I wrote called "Que Linda Manita".

"Que Linda Manita" is actually a Spanish lullaby, I just took the words and switched them up a bit so that it feels more like a boy singing to a girl and not a mother singing to a baby. It's essentially about a mother singing to her child all the beautiful things about the child that the mother loves and thanks God for giving her. Eyes, hands, etc. The title actually comes from the first verse, which is about holding hands. My girlfriend has a mild hand fetish, I do believe: She absolutely /needs/ to hold hands all the time, and she loves playing with hands, and looking at hands.

So, for Valentine's Day, when she asks why she gets so little (I'm buying her a rose and a card), I'll tell her to play track __ (whatever track number "Que Linda Manita" ends up being) and explain how the song is about her. I've basically knocked out Christmas and Valentine's Day in one fell swoop.

Is this win, Pit?

(By the way, I did use the search bar, but to no avail. I wrote too much to warrant a post in a large thread that would be ignored, anyway. First person to say "tl;dr" gets their scrotum forcibly and grotesquely removed by a blind, rabid badger.)
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
No. Because you asked for a win.

FAP
RAPE
I CUM BLOOD.

/thread

I kid. From me, yes, this is win. Nice job.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by NotAGuitarHero
First person to say "tl;dr" gets their scrotum forcibly and grotesquely removed by a blind, rabid badger.

tl;cbf
Too short, did read
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera
Quote by thementor

FAP
RAPE
I CUM BLOOD.

/thread

well done sir, thread is now win.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by thementor

FAP
RAPE
I CUM BLOOD.

/thread

I kid. From me, yes, this is win. Nice job.

Its sad how I can leave for so long, and the three mandatory responses for every thread is still "FAP", "RAPE", and "I CUM BLOOD".

At least I don't see "OMG I LOVE PETE WENTZ'S DICK" that much anymore.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Quote by ZeGuitarist
tl;cbf

You just earned that Llama park a visit from the Anti-Matterhorn.

See you in BucketheadLand...

--

On topic; I personally don't think it's a bad idea at all. It's a sweet thing to do, not a 'win'.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Last edited by Td_Nights at Dec 29, 2008,
I'm going with no because if it's true win you don't have to ask, and because that story is hellaciously long..
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by Trivium
I'm going with no because if it's true win you don't have to ask, and because that story is hellaciously long..

I guess books are a myth to you, right? Since books are much longer than this story, and if this story is "hellaciously long," then books must be unfeasibly, or even impossibly long.

What is this world coming to?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I guess books are a myth to you, right? Since books are much longer than this story, and if this story is "hellaciously long," then books must be unfeasibly, or even impossibly long.

I'm sorry. What are these - "books" - you speak of?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Wow.. you must be new to the pit? I read often.. however.. when it's 3 am and I'm on the pit.. I want short entertaining posts.. not 4 paragraphs on if some kid trying to get praise for a gift he got his gf.. or some arrogant self proclaimed end all be all of education telling me that I don't read because I refer to a longer than average post sarcastically as ''hellaciously long''.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

He's going to be in for quite the rude awakening next November when I try to include the entire Pit in NANOWRIMO (NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth). 50,000 word novel in one month...

Poor kid probably won't make it through even two pages of "I CUM BLOOD LULZ"
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Book?

Sorry you must have forgotten you were in the Pit... The relationship thread seems to love books. Maybe you should go there?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Ok, ok, you win. Here you go
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Trivium
Wow.. you must be new to the pit? I read often.. however.. when it's 3 am and I'm on the pit.. I want short entertaining posts.. not 4 paragraphs on if some kid trying to get praise for a gift he got his gf.. or some arrogant self proclaimed end all be all of education telling me that I don't read because I refer to a longer than average post sarcastically as ''hellaciously long''.

Quote by Trivium
Wow.. you must be new to the pit?

You realise he's a mod, right?
I'm suddenly detecting large quantities of irony in here
It could be win, but by combining christmas and valentines into one = half the 'aww that's so sweet of you' p00ntang. You decide.
ohai little sig.
Quote by Trivium

Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh DeliriumBassist isn't new to the Pit. At all.

You sarcastically posted, and he struck back with wit only available to those in a moderator's position. Spin this and argue about it for several pages, or leave it alone and keep looking for humorous threads: Either way, the result is going to be the same.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

You sarcastically posted, and he struck back with wit only available to those in a moderator's position. Spin this and argue about it for several pages, or leave it alone and keep looking for humorous threads: Either way, the result is going to be the same.

Well rediculous accusations are hardly wit but it really doesn't bother me or concern me who he is lol

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Quote by Jim Harkins

Quote by Trivium
Well rediculous accusations are hardly wit but it really doesn't bother me or concern me who he is lol

It was a ridiculous response to a ridiculous post. More of a comment on tl:dr in general, if I'm honest. Don't get your knickers in a twist.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Won't she have listened to it by then...?

Half the point, since she can listen to it and enjoy it while not realizing what it is at all.

I do agree with whoever said that its lumping gifts together and it might not be as awesome as if I would have simply given her the song on Valentine's Day. I'd play it for her, but its a very complicated guitar part and I can sing the song in Spanish/play it while singing at the same time. I'm cheating a bit by playing the guitar part and then singing as a voice-over on a different track. But you stay shhhhhhh about that.

Eff the relationship thread, I'm a rebel and desire negative attention now :p
I actually completely forgot about the Relationship thread, I haven't been at UG in a long time. Sorry.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
Half the point, since she can listen to it and enjoy it while not realizing what it is at all.

I do agree with whoever said that its lumping gifts together and it might not be as awesome as if I would have simply given her the song on Valentine's Day. I'd play it for her, but its a very complicated guitar part and I can sing the song in Spanish/play it while singing at the same time. I'm cheating a bit by playing the guitar part and then singing as a voice-over on a different track. But you stay shhhhhhh about that.

Eff the relationship thread, I'm a rebel and desire negative attention now :p
I actually completely forgot about the Relationship thread, I haven't been at UG in a long time. Sorry.

Stick with your plan but also get a backup gift.. so if she's like "Soo.. thaaats.. nice.. is... that all??"
You can be like "Of course not! here!"
Just in case she mistakes your romanticism for cheapness

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by Trivium
Stick with your plan but also get a backup gift.. so if she's like "Soo.. thaaats.. nice.. is... that all??"
You can be like "Of course not! here!"
Just in case she mistakes your romanticism for cheapness

I could always give her something from TomatoAliigator. I'm sure she'd appreciate a bear that says "**** BITCH YOU IS DAMN FINE" or whatever the hell they say.
not an attempt at advertisement, but I love the bears.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
I could always give her something from TomatoAliigator. I'm sure she'd appreciate a bear that says "**** BITCH YOU IS DAMN FINE" or whatever the hell they say.
not an attempt at advertisement, but I love the bears.

kthxbai.
Quote by imdeth
It's not win, but it's sweet

+1

I'm in nearly the same situation, but she's asked for a CD of me playing I might try dropping in a really special song for her and put a note in.

Or I'll just stick it in her pooper

♥ ♥

Newfags can't Loveforce.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Yamaha Pacifica
Peavey JD acoustic
Vox AC30VT