Page 1 of 2
okay I really like those flanel long-sleeve shirts, but ive only ever been able to find one of them in a store. Which stores would i most likely be able to find these kinds of shirts?
Depends what country you live in, but if you're an American, Target sells long sleeve flannel shirts right now.
Quote by Another bassist
okay I really like those flanel long-sleeve shirts, but ive only ever been able to find one of them in a store. Which stores would i most likely be able to find these kinds of shirts?

Ummm not many people who are 'in style' where flannel.. buuuut I'm sure walmart.. academy.. cavenders.. stuff like that would have them.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
I don't like flannel shirts but I saw a bunch at hot topic the other day.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Early '90s revival...?
Also you can find long sleeve flannel pretty much everywhere. Try thrift stores.
flannel shirts...........jesus christ are the hillbillies invading again!
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

i have alot, i get mine at the salvation army, sometimes zoomies if there on sale, or rebel
It's all about the pearl snaps.. just sayin.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
ones that look good - zumiez, ccs

i personally think they all look stupid especially the overly-plaid ones
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
The only place considered "in style" that carries them is Hollister. Be prepared to pay a pretty penny for their logo though.
I totally agree with the guy that was talking about pearl snaps.

Kohl's. JC Penney. Sears. Target. Walmart.

See that? I went in order from fashion flannel to redneck flannel!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by ep1kz
ones that look good - zumiez, ccs

i personally think they all look stupid especially the overly-plaid ones

Zumiez is a good idea. I think most skate and surf stores will have them.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
If you want a nice one, go to H&M.
They're not as expensive as the ones in like Active.
Quote by Natrone
I totally agree with the guy that was talking about pearl snaps.

Kohl's. JC Penney. Sears. Target. Walmart.

See that? I went in order from fashion flannel to redneck flannel!

Then you must've meant to say JC Penney, Kohl's, Target, Sears, Wal-Mart.

EDIT: What's with all the fashion stores being mentioned? Everyone knows real flannel only comes from Fleet Farm (Farming supply chain in upper midwest).
Last edited by KwikKopy at Dec 29, 2008,
fail at buying flannel at a name brand store... go to a thrift store for crying out loud not that hard.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Flannel shirts were only in style from about June 15th 1989 to about 6 months after April 5th 1994.

Lul I get it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Trivium
It's all about the pearl snaps.. just sayin.

QFT
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Quote by hotdog_warmcat
QFT

I'm gonna assume thats quoted for truth.. as there are several things that could stand for and thats the one I like lol

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Wal-mart FTMFW, I have four flannel shirts in my closet right now that I bought there, only thing I've ever bought there except for legos when I was a kid though..
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
As the resident fag of the Pit, I am the authority on Flannel shirts. They were first popularized in the grunge area, as deliriumbassist pointed out. They died after Kurt Cobain's tragic suicide, and became a footnote of fashion in old working men again on boring commercials. At the turn of the century I believe there was a small group of original "hipster" flannel began though they wouldn't be called hipster by today's standards. It grew as a major force in the fashion of the first decade of the 2000 era. It is now found in many skate, punk, scene, emo, but also hipsters, and indie kids, frat boys, and college drop-outs. It's almost everywhere, and is accepted as a very safe fashion choice.
You can get them at almost any op-shop.

Just don't wear them with shorts. Please, for the love of God.
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
You can get them at almost any op-shop.

Just don't wear them with shorts. Please, for the love of God.

Nah, dude. If you were coordinated enough, you could totally bull of shorts. But it is some pretty gay **** that you straight guys might not like. Well. I don't think it's gay, but it's a bit silly.

Take this picture of me with a short sleeve thin summery flannel shirt that I found at Macy's for Christ sake.

I can wear this with a pair of really tattered but clean and faded shant jeans that would give me a really hipster look that seems to be an ode to the grunge area but also shows an influence of country style clothes. My big clear glasses give it the hipster irony.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
As the resident fag of the Pit, I am the authority on Flannel shirts. They were first popularized in the grunge area, as deliriumbassist pointed out. They died after Kurt Cobain's tragic suicide, and became a footnote of fashion in old working men again on boring commercials. At the turn of the century I believe there was a small group of original "hipster" flannel began though they wouldn't be called hipster by today's standards. It grew as a major force in the fashion of the first decade of the 2000 era. It is now found in many skate, punk, scene, emo, but also hipsters, and indie kids, frat boys, and college drop-outs. It's almost everywhere, and is accepted as a very safe fashion choice.

If you say so...

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by Trivium

If you say so...

No way man. You don't understand.

That outfit he is wearing is actually pretty modern version of a very classic hick/hillbilly stereotype which he plays off of and does so so well that he gets very nice modern versions of clothes that would be (if it actually fit the stereotype) very shitty looking.

Edit: Did you lose sight today, dude? Look at the watch, the necklace, the hat, the nicely hemmed sleeves!

It's a very put together outfit and photo that is acceptable because of that character he plays.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by Trivium

If you say so...

Where the hell did he get that watch from...
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
No way man. You don't understand.

That outfit he is wearing is actually pretty modern version of a very classic hick/hillbilly stereotype which he plays off of and does so so well that he gets very nice modern versions of clothes that would be (if it actually fit the stereotype) very shitty looking.

Edit: Did you lose sight today, dude? Look at the watch, the necklace, the hat, the nicely hemmed sleeves!

It's a very put together outfit and photo that is acceptable because of that character he plays.

Sorry.

Better?

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Now that actually is the stereotype. So what? You haven't proved anything. He is the stereotype, he doesn't actually count if we're speaking of how fashion has been influenced over time because he is just a boring parody of an older time, even though there are rare people like Larry the Cable Guy who can get famous off of doing it so well.

Besides, I can see that guy on an Oprah make-over show and then turning out pretty handsome.
Not only that, but Larry the Cable Guy is a total character act. He doesn't actually speak, act, or possibly dress like that in everyday life.

That said, DorkusMalorkus knows what he's talking about.

EDIT: Daniel Whitney, I mean Larry the Cable Guy, before the shtick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIWO5LgUZ28
Quote by blackthought
If it helps any, I wear long-sleeved flannel shirts with shorts. You know why? Because I'm ugly, and no clothing will ever change that.

Please don't say that. It's upsetting.
Quote by Delanoir
Not only that, but Larry the Cable Guy is a total character act. He doesn't actually speak, act, or possibly dress like that in everyday life.

That said, DorkusMalorkus knows what he's talking about.

EDIT: Daniel Whitney, I mean Larry the Cable Guy, before the shtick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIWO5LgUZ28

Thank you.
Quote by dingmydong
Where the hell did he get that watch from...

From the millions of dollars he makes more than us each year.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I'm sure WalMart has them. As well as the Salvation Army, American Eagle, JCPenneys..pretty much anywhere. :p

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Quote by KwikKopy
Then you must've meant to say JC Penney, Kohl's, Target, Sears, Wal-Mart.

EDIT: What's with all the fashion stores being mentioned? Everyone knows real flannel only comes from Fleet Farm (Farming supply chain in upper midwest).

I was at Fleet Farm the other day

That place sells fucking everything!
Page 1 of 2