Page 2 of 3
I totally loved the Vietnam episode. I agree that this series was way better than the spring one, and the Vietnam special was great. A good mix of their usual hillarious stupidity and actually being semi-serious. Brilliant.
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
Quote by freddaahh
It's always been scripted and structured, and nearly all TV is. I don't mind the fact that it's structured and planned, since Clarkson, May and Hammond all write it themselves; if there was no script, it would ramble and be filled with silences where the presenters don't know what to say next.

I know, but alot of it used to be improv when it first came back to air, but now its all too obvious.

I also dont like how they line the front row of the audience in the studio, with young women to attract more viewers. when they obviously no nothing about cars
Quote by Omg A Triangle
Also the bit where they guy took the ford fiesta onto the battle field at some place with the boats and stuff and the guy said "Would you look at that? The smart grenades fit perfectly in the cup holder!"

Tehehe. Funny. Must watch that another time.

hey some place, !??? its liek 5 miles form me! was on the news and everything lolz
Quote by Lespauljames
hey some place, !??? its liek 5 miles form me! was on the news and everything lolz

Yer that is my local shopping centre too, there were tyre marks everywhere after that.

Top Gear is top banter, my favourite episode has to be the American special.
Quote by LastToKnow
I totally loved the Vietnam episode. I agree that this series was way better than the spring one, and the Vietnam special was great. A good mix of their usual hillarious stupidity and actually being semi-serious. Brilliant.

Yeah. They really pointed out the beautiful views.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
I know, but alot of it used to be improv when it first came back to air, but now its all too obvious.

I also dont like how they line the front row of the audience in the studio, with young women to attract more viewers. when they obviously no nothing about cars

If it were anywhere but the bbc, half of them would be in bikini's!

Isay they don't put enough foxy burds in the front row
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by Azwethinkwedo

Well, that's only happened very recently, and the audience members apply for tickets themselves on the BBC website, so even if they have no knowledge in cars, they're obviously fans of the show. It is BBC2's most popular programme, there will be a few hot women who like it.

The lack of improv I have to agree with, but the unexpected still happens, with the Cool Wall and the challenges aren't scripted, or have much more basic framework.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Well, that's only happened very recently, and the audience members apply for tickets themselves on the BBC website, so even if they have no knowledge in cars, they're obviously fans of the show. It is BBC2's most popular programme, there will be a few hot women who like it.

The lack of improv I have to agree with, but the unexpected still happens, with the Cool Wall and the challenges aren't scripted, or have much more basic framework.

I loved the christmas car branded gadgets. I don't care if that was improv, or not improv. I was nearly on the floor laughing.
I love Top Gear. This series has been great. The Vietnam Special was amazing last night. I also enjoyed the HGV (First episode of the series I think) challenges and the Fiesta parts.
Quote by sugar_daddy
I really wanted Kevin McCloud to beat JK.

I was so hoping we would have knocked that wanker from the top spot. When Clarkson was reading out the time, I was like this:

Jeremy: "You did it in, one..."
Me: Well yeah.
JC: "Forty"
Me: Hmm
JC: "Five"
Me: *leans forward, almost touching the telly* WHAT?
JC: "Point nine"
Me: NO! So close!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I love their liberal use of the word cock on the show.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
I love James May's liveral use of the word co ck. 'What's Swedish for co ck?'. He's great.

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
Those islands at the end of the Vietnam special looked amazing. Jeremy's paddle-steamer had me cracking up too, partly in disbelief that it actually worked.
My favourite thing so far this season was when james may was driving with mika hakkinen.

james: Is keeping all my tools perfectly organized very "Swedish"?
mika: Yes...
james: I also like to keep all the vents in my car pointing the exact same direction. Is that "Swedish"?
mika: ..... no.

hahaha
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
My favourite thing so far this season was when james may was driving with mika hakkinen.

james: I also like to keep all the vents in my car pointing the exact same direction. Is that "Swedish"?

hahaha

Yeah, that episode was great! Good old Captain Slow. And all the Swedish people were great.

Muse = genius.
I like the show, but sometimes the episodes are more about their personal lives than the actual cars.
High as tits
The series in the spring was absolutely shoddy, but this series has really renewed my faith in it, brilliant programme. I'm becoming more tolerable of Jeremy as well, although May's dry wit still maintains him as my favourite.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
They were Finnish! Not Swedish!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
They were Finnish! Not Swedish!

Let them dream son. They've never heard of the 'Flying Finns' this is not the thread to introduce them.

I really want a bike after Vietnam as well, I've always secretly wanted one, but seeing that really sealed it for me.
Damnation, typical. Sorry Finns! I'm obviously just not watching enough rally.

Bikes are awesome for just going around doing stuff, but IMO, as a mode of day-to-day transport, not the best. A way better way to see a country (and it's views) than in a car though if you ask me. (Apart from the luggage aspect).

Muse = genius.
Quote by LastToKnow

Bikes are awesome for just going around doing stuff, but IMO, as a mode of day-to-day transport, not the best. A way better way to see a country (and it's views) than in a car though if you ask me. (Apart from the luggage aspect).

Yeah I think there's something really romantic about travelling on a bike, (the TG style ones not a Ninja), it's just the lack of protection in a crash that bothers me.

Not much you can do really, Dave's coverage is far from brilliant. Although it's good to see something on British TV. Youtube has some great onboards and shiz though.
Last edited by Cal UK at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by Cal UK
The series in the spring was absolutely shoddy, but this series has really renewed my faith in it, brilliant programme. I'm becoming more tolerable of Jeremy as well, although May's dry wit still maintains him as my favourite.

maybe you are into the programme A BIT TOO MUCH buddy!
Quote by Cal UK

Agreed. The Spring series, bar a few moments was almost trying to be as "Top Gear" as possible, and it didn't work.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Cal UK
Yeah I think there's something really romantic about travelling on a bike, (the TG style ones not a Ninja), it's just the lack of protection in a crash that bothers me.

Not much you can do really, Dave's coverage is far from brilliant. Although it's good to see something on British TV. Youtube has some great onboards and shiz though.

Hmm, some people are ridicuolously stupid about protective gear, e.g. woman wearing summer dress on bike with nothing else (how stupid do you have to be?!). I like all types, but you're right, a Ninja isn't exactly going to get you admiring the views. I'm beginning to really love the old military ones now actually, ala Steve McQueen's Wehrmacht in the Great Escape, that being the only example I can think of right now, apart from Hammond's in Vietnam.

Hmm, there's a few random channels that seem to show bits now and then. Ah well, will just have to play the PS2 games.

Muse = genius.
Quote by captivate

hahaha

I didn't see that episode! Which one was it?
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by Andr00
maybe you are into the programme A BIT TOO MUCH buddy!

I sound like a right weirdo rereading that! Starting to warm to Jeremy, deary me.
the vietnam special was greeat, the only thing that ruined it was clarksons horrendous "Nam" impression at the end
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
the vietnam special was greeat, the only thing that ruined it was clarksons horrendous "Nam" impression at the end

I inserted my foot into my mouth in cringeworthiness. I sort of understand him though, it looked an astonishing country.
Quote by Cal UK
I inserted my foot into my mouth in cringeworthiness. I sort of understand him though, it looked an astonishing country.

Yeah some of the scenery was great

that bit that i talked about is one of the types of humour that actually makes me want to hurl
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
nobody has mentioned the one where they turn a robin reliant into a space shuttle - AMAZING
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Does anyone else think James is the best out of the trio?

I love his quintessential Britishness
This thread wins! And yeh I like james too ^
Now I know alot of its staged but its still awesome, how mad was Hammond when they painted his bike pink on the vietnam special.. that was real anger there lol
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
the stig and may are the best.

clarky is just clarky, the only clarky............in the WORLD..

Hamster looks like a bird from newcastle I once serviced, so don't really like him that much - he lives near me too.
From the few episodes I saw on the BBC America, it seems to be a good show.

I like the ridiculous challenges they do. Especially the one when they tried to build a cheap police car.
██████████████████████████████