Hi
first of all, my favorite music genre is post hardcore.
so i think i need a guitar that is close to the metal sound
but i also like Scorpions and other bands like them...
so i think it's something in the middle.
I'm just a little child and its hard for me to get money
and my parents don't support me in that issue
so it has to be not expensive.
I'm thinking of the Epiphone Les Paul, but its sucks that it has no tremolo/whammy bar.
do you have any idea of some guitar that answers my needs?
thanks
les pauls suck.... if its ur first guitar get an ibanez of some sort.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
mm its difficult for me to figure out cuz I'm in israel and it goes by Shekels.
but if you know the price of Epiphone Les Paul Standard so thats what I have.
It is usually comfortable but remember you will get what you pay for so don't expect top of the line quality sound. With a good amp, a guitar will sound good while a more expensive guitar should sound better. I recommend you go to a guitar shop and try every model out, every amp and pick the one you like the most that is on your price range. What is the best to my ears and hands isn't the best for you. Example, I love sitting with my V shape guitar and I love the wide thin neck since it is a 7string but some hands may be too small for it. So really check out an idea of what guitar you want, specially if you are going to order online.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by SOADriff

I believe that is a matter of opinion! And in no way a statement of fact!
Also it did nothing to contribute to the TS's post.

TS what is your budget? Answering that question would help us find the best possibilities. For you
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by jokeryp
Hi
I'm thinking of the Epiphone Les Paul, but its sucks that it has no tremolo/whammy bar.

When you ask about a specific guitar here theres always going to be someone who loves it and someone else who hates it. What matters most is finding one that you love!

I think Les Paul is a good choice primarily because it can be very versatile for you. It can handle the hardcore rock you're talking about depending on your amp/pedals and it can also do just about every other genre if you needed to. If you get just a heavy metal/shredding guitar you'll really be limited in the future to the types of music you can play.

For the whammy/tremolo you can always add it onto the LP. You should be able to find a bigsby for around $100. Try the Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth. A great guitar for the money and what you save by not buying the standard model you can use to buy a bigsby or put towards amp/pedals, etc.
yeah i know.
i dont have the goth one in my country
and i hate bigsby
so i wonder if there's a guitar that its similar to the Epiphone LP but with whammy build on already.

my budget i cant tell because i don't know how much worth my money from Shekels in Dollars.
dollar = 3.5 shekels
and epiphone costs 2450 shekels.
it means 700$
i dont think that price in your country is the same at all XD
Quote by SOADriff

Because you aren't completely retarded.
Quote by jokeryp
yeah i know.
i dont have the goth one in my country
and i hate bigsby
so i wonder if there's a guitar that its similar to the Epiphone LP but with whammy build on already.

my budget i cant tell because i don't know how much worth my money from Shekels in Dollars.
dollar = 3.5 shekels
and epiphone costs 2450 shekels.
it means 700$
i dont think that price in your country is the same at all XD

heres an option for the lp to add a whammy
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Les_Trem_Stop-Tailpiece_Tremolo.html

doesnt' require any modifing to the body of the guitar, but it's a bit expensive.

some people just route out the guitar body and add a floyd rose bridge...i don't really like the look of it though
ok yeah it is expensive and not a bit - for me.
i understand i can add a whammy by myself but now im asking you for another suggestion of a guitar. do you have one?
or should i buy Epiphone Les Paul and wait till i have the money for adding whammy?