Okay, so i just ordered a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR. Maybe a stupid move since i play in a bunch of different tunings, but there are such tings as pitch shifting pedals/whammy pedals/harmoniser pedals where i can adjust the wet/dry mix...? I've looked at the Digitech Harmony Man, but its a bit more expensive than i'd like, since i only want to shift the pitch of my guitar, not fussed about harmonies.. is there a cheap/simple pedal that does this type of thing? For example if i setup my guitar to be in perfect D standard tuning with the FR, then i could just shift up a step for standard, or down as many steps as i need?

Thanks.

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17878323&postcount=9
Last edited by TChosenPessimis at Dec 29, 2008,
Is the Digitech Harmony Man the same thing as Digitech Whammy? Coz I've heard good things about that pitch shifter. Hear it in action in RATM, Buckethead and Mars Volta.
the digitech whammy can shift a whole step down but it doesnt like chords, just single notes

simple answer is no
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
wait... people actually purposely put themselves through whammy hell?

lol trade back the hellrasier and get the white fixed bridge version.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
You can do it effectively with a TC Electronic G Major, but if you go that route you may as well go ahead and put together a Midi rig.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Bad move.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Quote by Kendall
You can do it effectively with a TC Electronic G Major, but if you go that route you may as well go ahead and put together a Midi rig.

...quick question about the g major. Can i just run a simple route like Guitar --> G Major --> Amp input? Or is it more complicated?

The manual mentioned a preamp in the chain... not sure why a preamp is needed?
Quote by TChosenPessimis
...quick question about the g major. Can i just run a simple route like Guitar --> G Major --> Amp input? Or is it more complicated?

Its talking about putting it in the effects loop. What amp do you have?
yeah, pitch shifting chords presents a lot of problems. they won't sound right, because of the overlapping notes...a company called Celemony has a software plugin called Melodyne that will shift chords decently, but as far as I know it's not available as a piece of gear (yet)
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its talking about putting it in the effects loop. What amp do you have?

Err.

.... Line 6 Spider III 150W. Hate it.

IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA 2 YEARS AGO! XD

No FX channel, only an input, 1/8 jack mp3 player input, headphone out, and stereo outputs for a cab.
take back the guitar and get a good amp

/thread
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Nah, i almost have enough for a Peavey 6505/5150 combo new. If i don't end up with enough, i'll get one 2nd hand.
Quote by TChosenPessimis
Nah, i almost have enough for a Peavey 6505/5150 combo new. If i don't end up with enough, i'll get one 2nd hand.

Then you should be set with the Major......
Quote by TChosenPessimis

You can, but it's designed to accept a line level signal as opposed to an instrument level signal. At the very least I'd put some type of buffer between the guitar and the G Major.

As simple as I can make it: a preamp will turn an instrument level signal into a line level.

Quote by sixtwofive
yeah, pitch shifting chords presents a lot of problems. they won't sound right, because of the overlapping notes...a company called Celemony has a software plugin called Melodyne that will shift chords decently, but as far as I know it's not available as a piece of gear (yet)

Digital "detuning" programs work a lot better than things labeled as "pitch shifters". As such, the "Detune" function in the TC Electronic stuff can very effectively shift you up or down by a half step without any notable repercussions. On the downside their "Shifter" function can technically go up or down by 2 octaves but the quality suffers more the farther you move off center. Going more than about a step and a half will cause some issues when playing anything more complex than power chords.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM