I can't remember is screename. I just thought of him then. A man, I think in his forties earlier this year who was dying from cancer. I never knew if he died or not. Can someone give me an update? He seemed like such a nice guy.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
Grundy?

He like owned the cancer or something, but then requested a permaban because he had new respect for life

I think thats what happened
He apparantly survived.

I always thought there was something a little strange about that situation though... the claimed post from his wife, the fact that he requested a ban (possibly to avoid questions), and a couple of other things. I'm not trying to start anything though, just my take.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Yeah that's the one. Grundy. So he survived?
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
Quote by master
I heard he made the whole thing up and got banned.

i ****ing knew it!
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by andychalmers102
He apparantly survived.

I always thought there was something a little strange about that situation though... the claimed post from his wife, the fact that he requested a ban (possibly to avoid questions), and a couple of other things. I'm not trying to start anything though, just my take.

Yea there was a little strangeness going on, though if it was all legit and he did get through it then its good to hear
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Wow. Yeah I'm just not gonna look into it. It's probably logit. Good on him then. I'm happy now!

Edit: ok not so sure now. Where are the mods to set the story straight for us...
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:

Quote by Ajax413
Last edited by metalface211 at Dec 29, 2008,
My mom had lung cancer and there is NO WAY that it could be discovered so late that he only had 3 weeks to live. And with that kinda prognosis there is no chance of beating it. I'm positive of that.

It was an epic thread though.
Quote by HamOfGod
Thread title's a bit crude, isn't it?

In what way?
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by andychalmers102
In what way?
Dunno. I would try and not define the person by the fact that they said they had cancer.
yeah I think someone pointed out that his story was medically flawed, and that the whole thing was BS.

but if it wasn't, good on him for kicking cancer's ass. If it was fake, then good on him for proving that the Pit has a heart
Quote by HamOfGod
Dunno. I would try and not define the person by the fact that they said they had cancer.

But the thread is about his cancer.

If I posted a thread about a guy being kicked in the balls and made the title "Guy being kicked in the balls" would that be wong for defining him by the fact that he was being kicked in the balls?
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by andychalmers102
But the thread is about his cancer.

If I posted a thread about a guy being kicked in the balls and made the title "Guy being kicked in the balls" would that be wong for defining him by the fact that he was being kicked in the balls?
Touché.

But people getting kicked in the balls can be funny.
...it was fake?!

I am confused.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by HamOfGod
Touché.

and so can people with canc--.... i'll leave now.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas
Touché.

This is never funny :[
Ok hamofgod, since I couldn't remember his username what would you have liked me to title the thread your royal highness?
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:

Quote by Ajax413
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah I think someone pointed out that his story was medically flawed, and that the whole thing was BS.

but if it wasn't, good on him for kicking cancer's ass. If it was fake, then good on him for proving that the Pit has a heart

Yeah, personally I'm not sure, but as you've pointed out, it doesn't really matter. At least he didn't die, eh?
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by andychalmers102
and so can people with canc--.... i'll leave now.
My point exactly.
I am kinda confused on it all aswell. When he said he was posted the thing that he was going to die, about a week or two later he posted back saying that the removal was a all good and he was going to be ok. I cant see that being true, if the doctor diagnosed that he had about 3 months or so to live, i dont think that removing the tumor would be all well and good as he also stated that it had spread throughout his body. It was also kind of odd to see his wife posting on UG about this? I could be wrong tho, if so good for Grundy and congrads
Quote by HamOfGod
My point exactly.

Yes but back to the original argument, the title wasn't supposed to be funny. He was just asking people if they remembered the person on UG who had cancer..
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by andychalmers102
Yes but back to the original argument, the title wasn't supposed to be funny. He was just asking people if they remembered the person on UG who had cancer..

Thankyou. What would you have titled the thread ham?
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:

Quote by Ajax413
Quote by Tarzan_man
Man, if he faked that...Thats pretty sad.

+1
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
^Neither pride or anger have to do with it. It's Envy.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Tarzan_man
Man, if he faked that...Thats pretty sad.

He was an idiot anyway. So it wouldn't surprise me.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by boreamor
Why would I envy being permabanned?

TS is envious.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I'm pretty sure it was fake, he had cancer and it was gone like 2 months later........seriously guys...
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Moggan13
He had e-cancer

I lol'ed
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Reading the thread again, I don't believe him. It is impossible for that to happen. His lung cancer, that had spread to his spleen, was so complex it killed itself? No you'd need chemotherapy for that, and at 3 weeks, there'd be no point.

And I'm pretty sure you'd have noticed cancer before then...
Can someone please post a link to the original thread? I'm to ****ing lazy to find it myself.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas