Are there really any big ones anymore? Now that communication has become much easier it seems that bands are coming from everywhere.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Last edited by Psychedelico at Dec 29, 2008,
Do you mean regional scenes? Like The Bay Area etc?

If so, I don't think so. There are a few towns with a stronghold of a certain genre, Thrash in Britain is mainly coming from the Midlands and Yorkshire, for instance.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Do you mean regional scenes? Like The Bay Area etc?

If so, I don't think so. There are a few towns with a stronghold of a certain genre, Thrash in Britain is mainly coming from the Midlands and Yorkshire, for instance.

Yeah that's what I mean. I edited the title.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
thwe disney channel has a pretty big music scene
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
every town has at least a little one. i got conected to it cause im friends with a local band and met the others..
either way its bad - i dont know animals
MTV ruined local music scenes by starting a channel in pretty much every major country.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
where i say (Greenock , West of Scotland) used to be one of the top places for music of ever genre and some bands who played here and made friends still come back ie oasis are big visitors here as is ian brown, the manics,morrissey ,pete docherty plus many more and back in the day the who and the rolling stones where here aswel.
My town has a thrash scene, which sucks (I dunno, ive never gotten thrash, but these guys are just dick heads).
Most cities have some sort of scene for a certain genre, its just not as out there as it used to be since most people can just go online/television to get what they want. But not everyone does this.
Country, bluegrass, dance (but come on, every town with over 2k citizens has a dance music club packed with people every weekend), and the cores (yes, all of them).
Last edited by tonedeafidiot at Dec 29, 2008,
philadelphia has a death metal scene that i wish i knew about when i lived there...
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
I live in Boston and the Music scene is pretty good but clubs are closing fast. Most because they changed the fire laws and the places can't afford the new fire supression systems requiered by law others are having a bad time because of the crappy economy. My all time favorite place Goodtimes closed because of development. That place was the best local venue around they had a 20x30 stage, pro lighting system and awesome sound system. They booked some great bands the only problem was they didn't advertize as good as they shoud have but all that didn't matter they had to close because they lost the lease.

The music scene was a lot better when I was younger we had places like The Rat and The Channel that were great. Luckily there are a few places stiull around like The Beachcomber, The Middle East, TT the Bears, The Cantab Lounge and the Midland Cafe. West of Boston is the Palladium and north in NH is Marks Showplace Marks books some great bands but I really hate that venue.

John