during my ban, i did two things: I saw "Experience Hendrix" and I gots me a new amplification unit. Experience Hendrix was phenomenal (except for johnny lang, he looked and sounded like a quavering prepubescent girl) and i consider myself really lucky to have seen one of Mitch Mitchell's last shows.

anyways... NEW AMP!!! i picked up an Egnater Rebel at GC in roseville for 550$. It must've been one of the first on the market, because I had it before any of the online stores had it. I also tried out a Valveking, and the egnater blew that f*cker out of the water.

the thing is so freaking good. it has a tube selection knob (choose between 6V6s or EL84s or a mix of both), a watt selection knob (1 to 20) and your basic master vol, bass, mid, treble, gain setup. it has 4, 8 and 16 OHM outputs for speakers. I use the 8 ohm for my 4x12 Marshall cab. it also has an effects loop built in. I never use effects loops, but it's there for those who do. it has two 6V6s, two EL84s and three 12AX7s (soon to be replaced with 12AU7s).

I also got a really funny story from my visit to GC. I was playing on the Valveking, when this guy comes up to me and tells me: "I've been working here for three years, and you have no idea about how much dog **** I hear every day. but you have some chops, man, keep it up." it was funny because two seconds later i heard some guy plug into a line6 on one of those scooped settings and just wanked off.

anyways, back to the amp. I have it setup like this:
both kinds of tubes selected, watts at max, master vol a max, bass and treble at 1:00 and mids at 3:00. i use the gain as a volume control so I get power amp OD. the other way (with volume down and gain up) works well for more metal tones, but I like the sound of power amp OD a lot better.

I play a Strat though it that goes through a crybaby wah, then to a Jimi Hendrix fuzz, then to the amp which is plugged into a Marshall 4x12 cab. I'll post clips and pictures as soon as I can get a camera.

has anyone else ever tried this amp? if you have been looking into getting a new amp, the egnater is definitely worth a look. i mean, for under 600$ for a GOOD tube amp, you can't go wrong.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at May 18, 2009,
for $550 which is what, £4.50? that looks like a shockingly good amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
if you have 2 el34 ánd 2 6v6 tubes in it shouldn't you have a wattage of about 100W?
one el34 usually stands for about 25W, so that would be 50W with just the el34's
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
if you have 2 el34 ánd 2 6v6 tubes in it shouldn't you have a wattage of about 100W?
one el34 usually stands for about 25W, so that would be 50W with just the el34's

check it again. i said EL84 and 6V6. they are like little brothers to 6L6s and El34s.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Farether

i think its 2 el34 OR 2 6v6
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

oops, I thought they where el34.
but you can use those at the same time, that's what he said.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

nope. i have two EL84s and two 6V6s in it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
nope. i have two EL84s and two 6V6s in it.

you know what i mean >____<

like, you switc between the two types, and not use them both at full power
well, i guess it mixes the signal up between the two sets of tubes. it's kind of hard to explain, but you can hear the difference between each notch.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Gabel
Man, that amp looks awesome!

sounds even better
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I was really looking into getting that amp, I have yet to go to GC and try it.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Jhachey22
sounds even better

Well the thing it is the embodiment of a Vintage amp for the Modern player. No but hey, that's basicaly the kind of amp I'd like!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by I am wet
I was really looking into getting that amp, I have yet to go to GC and try it.

if you want a great tube amp for under 700$, you owe it to yourself to at least try this amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater