I've never been a guitar player (I played the Sax in Junior High though), but I recently got a Behringer Metalien Guitar Pack with the 15 Watt amp for Christmas as a gift. I have never asked for anything for Chistmas, so I was surprised that I got this.

All the customers from walmart.com (5 stars average), amazon.com (4.5 stars average), and guitarcenter.com (4 stars average) seem to give it good reviews, and this site gave the USB version a 9.1

However, I did a search on these forums and a lot of you guys say that it's not very good at all.

I understand that I'll for sure want something better later down the road, but will this guitar do me justice while I'm learning?

Thanks for your time.

Below are links to the reviews.

Ultimate-Guitar.com Review of USB version

Walmart.com Reviews

Amazon.com Reviews

GuitarCenter.com Reviews
I wish my first set up was as good as that........
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
It's not that GREAT, per se, but for a starter it's OK.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It will be perfect for you to learn on, you dont wanna get an expensive guitar and find out you dont really enjoy playing it.
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Quote by cuthbertg
I wish my first set up was as good as that........

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll make sure that once I learn, I'll get something worth every penny.
yeah man seems like good starter guitar
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
it looks alright, I recomend that when you want something better you should first concentrate on getting a nice amp before a new guitar.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by turtlewax
it looks alright, I recomend that when you want something better you should first concentrate on getting a nice amp before a new guitar.

I see that the Roland Microcube gets mentioned a lot around here. However, I am willing to hold off to get something ever better. I'm sure as I read more posts, I'll find what I'm looking for.

Note: My favorite band is Disturbed, so I guess I should get amps and guitars similar to theirs.
Quote by Aurael

However, I did a search on these forums and a lot of you guys say that it's not very good at all.

Don't listen to them. Looks nice to me, has a humbucker as well. I wish my starter guitar had a humbucker!

Oh yeah and all this advice about "getting an amp first", not even true, sorry. Utter tripe.

Enjoy those 2 pieces of gear, man.
Quote by little_angus
i would recommend a epiphone SG-400

It does look nice. I'll look into it once I learn.
Quote by Aurael
It does look nice. I'll look into it once I learn.

Just enjoy what you have, it looks fine to me...
That will be a great guitar to learn on. Might want to change the strings though. For some reasons though starter packages always have cheap lifeless strings.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Jackolas
Just enjoy what you have, it looks fine to me...

I'll take your advice on that.
Quote by Aurael
I see that the Roland Microcube gets mentioned a lot around here. However, I am willing to hold off to get something ever better. I'm sure as I read more posts, I'll find what I'm looking for.

Note: My favorite band is Disturbed, so I guess I should get amps and guitars similar to theirs.

Get an Epiphone Les Paul Custom/Standard or G-400. Their guitarist used it on their early songs (According to wikipdia, I have no idea myself because I don't even like Disturbed, but Wikipedia is probably right), and his signature Washburn model later on. His signature guitar is at $5,399.00 list price, so stores will sell it around like, $5000 or high 4000s.

No idea why it's so expensive, hardly anyone even plays Washburn.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by Aurael

Not necessarily, having an exact setup like theirs would cost an incredible amount. You can get the same sound for much less.

That doesn't look bad to learn on, and when you think you're advanced enough, come back and post again asking for your next!

Good luck!
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Well it's a good starter guitar for sure, it's got a name on it atleast.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
it will work out great. most of the guys posting in here have guitars very similar to that playing through amps that are the same, if not very close to the wattage of that amp. Dont listen to the flamers/people saying its OK for a starter. all you need is an amp, cord, and a guitar, and your set for the next 6 months-1 year.