I was at a local show last night here in the D, and who walks in and stands right next to me? None other than Jack White. I expected him to be there because all the bands playing were dudes he used to play with in the old days, and since it's Christmas time I thought he'd be in town visiting his family. He was really cool and nice. He even jumped onstage and jamed with and sang on the last song. It was a small bar, with only about 30 people there.

Anyone else ever meet famous people at shows or anything?
Last edited by TheAmericanRuse at Dec 29, 2008,
I've seen famous people when I went to see them play live.

Does that count?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
did you jump on his back and say " i love you jack, i love you jack"? cause thats what id do
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by heavyairship
did you jump on his back and say " i love you jack, i love you jack"? cause thats what id do

No but I talked to him for a LONG TIME, and it took him a while to let go of my hand during our hand shake.
I got to shake hands, get stuff signed, and talk with In Flames.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Last edited by fantasyh at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by szekelymihai
did you told him youve got all of his albums off bittorent ?

lol!

He wouldn't like that...
my friend met Iron Maiden, My Chemical Romance and like, 4 other bands... I'm so jealous
Quote by Simsimius
I've seen famous people when I went to see them play live.

Does that count?

Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by szekelymihai

Actually I told him how I have them all on vinyl.
I've met gary moore and got a poster signed and also met andy powell from wishbone ash twice and got the argus LP signed. I have also met Jim Marshall from marshall amps twice and got posters signed.
Quote by randomhero93
my friend met Iron Maiden, My Chemical Romance and like, 4 other bands... I'm so jealous

Granted Iron Maiden are cool,
But if my friend met My Chemical Romance I would be questioning his sexuality.
All in all i met Philomena Lynott,Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzys mother.She was pretty cool
Quote by szekelymihai

lol, if I'd have met him I'd have had to bull**** my way thru saying how I'd spent loads buying all the CD boxsets...
My cousins got stuff signed my Angus Yound and stuff. I almost got my guitar signed by him, but he left before I could get to the place where he was.

Oh, and I talked to Red Jumpsuits guitarist once.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by szekelymihai
did you get them vinyls off bittorent ?

Of course. That's the only way to get vinyl records, isn't it?
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
I was about 10ft from Zack de la Rocha, Tom Morello, Timmy C and Brad Wilk, we didnt talk or have eye contact, but there was deffinatly a connection.

i know what you mean man

+1
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
I like Jack White but I'm so bad with faces I would talk to him and not know who he was until 5 months later when I see a picture of him again.

I met Circa Survive at Warped Tour. Other then that, I remember getting hit with a water bottle at a Coheed & Cambria show and Mic Todd looked at me and smiled and laughed.

Oh and I swear I saw him at Disney World one year. I was wearing a Coheed shirt and when I was on the phone a guy stood in front of me and said "Oh I know them, they're pretty cool." And walked away. It looked exactly like him and I told my mom who I was on the phone with, "I gotta go. I just saw my savior." I ran after him but I couldn't find him.
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Dec 29, 2008,
Well...
Spill Canvas is from around my area, before they were big, I hung out with them before shows every once in awhile. Cool guys.
During my Iron Maiden concert, I was up front, and me and Steve Harris made eye contact during Hallowed Be Thy Name, while he was in that iconic bass pose...
..happiest moment of my life.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Pics!
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I'm jeleous

I've never met any super-famous people, but I've hung out with a bunch of locally renowned guys.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
i swear i saw thomas erak in london yesterday. But i was to scared to say anything
also, not musicians but i saw jude law at godknowswhere in cornwall, about to go to the isles of scily.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Dec 29, 2008,
i was working at Pizza Hut, and G-Wood, the singer of Goodbye, Martyr (local band) ate there with some friends.

butt i didn't know it was him until another employee told me when he left.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
I saw Matt Damon at the DQ in my town.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by SuperJoop
I've met gary moore and got a poster signed and also met andy powell from wishbone ash twice and got the argus LP signed. I have also met Jim Marshall from marshall amps twice and got posters signed.

What was Gary Moore like?
He's my favourite guitarist
I stalked Dave Grohl once after a Foo Fighters concert, and it paid off. He signed my shirt and gave me a pick which I use for everything today. I wasn't sure whether to hug him or not, but I decided to hold back.

I also met Josh Homme and Marilyn Manson after shows.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I danced onstage with the Flaming Lips during the summer and I met Wayne Coyne afterwards. The man is a delight to meet. As are the whole band.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by Bloodycrass
I'd rather meet Jack Daniel

For me, it would be Jack Sprat.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I toured with Most Precious Blood and a couple dates with Protest The Hero with my old band couple of years ago, my e-penor rages
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by shadow__666

I also met Josh Homme

You threw **** at him just so he would curse you didn't you?

You cheeky monkey.
i see people from good local bands at a lot of gigs in our area, but no one famous really
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
Met Nicko McBrain in a train station when I was going to see Iron Maiden.
Met Bodom at a meet n greet and got my blooddrunk picture disc signed but that was about it tbh
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w