I've just bought a Gibson Flying V two weeks ago.
In these 2 weeks I got used to playing a V, it's really something else.
But then a friend told me that for the same privce of a Flying V there were much better guitars to buy.
Now I ask you, is this so?
And if yes, which guitars would you choose?
My Flying V costed 600,-, by the way.
Thanks in advance!
You don't have to hold the door open for me
I can do that myself
Yeah. Totally. If you like how it plays, looks, etc. then don't worry about your friend.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
yeh if u enjoy how it plays and it feels good to you and worth the money, then dont listen to ur friend

Quote by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course
if you like it then keep it, but if u think u coulda have got it cheaper, then u might aswell stop thiking bout it since u already got it.
The Iceman
Quote by JiMbOb= < )
If you like it then there isn't a problem.

This
K man, thanks for the advice.
You don't have to hold the door open for me
I can do that myself
Am I the only person that can't find a gibson for that kind of money?
check www.gak.co.uk

they have gibson v's at that price i think
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by Dio10101
Am I the only person that can't find a gibson for that kind of money?

that makes two of us
arent the faded flying v's that much and all the other faded gibson guitars.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Quote by flashmdg
strat

That's a completely different guitar made for completely different music.

Ts, Gibsons tend to be hit or miss. But since you like your guitar I'm goint to assume it is a good one. A good Gibson can be an amazing bargain, not all of them are, but some.

If your friend was talking about a 600$ Ibanez, Epiphone, Schecter Ltd, etc., slap him in the face, because he doesn't deserve any better.
I doubt your going to find something better than a real Gibson V for $600.00 I doubt you could pay a $1000 for a different guitar and it be better than a Gibby V. Gibson Vs are amazing guitars they sound and play great, Sure they are tuff to play sitting but if your gigging your not sitting. I practice standing myself I never felt comfortable playing sitting with any guitar so little things like that are not an issue with me.

Most people that tell you something like that are just jealous plain and simple.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Dec 29, 2008,
For 600 bucks, there's not a lot of better guitars out there, considering you got the flying V.

I say keeps, but that's just me.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Quote by johnro6659
I doubt your going to find something better than a real Gibson V for $600.00 I doubt you could pay a $1000 for a different guitar and it be better than a Gibby V. Gibson Vs are amazing guitars they sound and play great, Sure they are tuff to play sitting but if your gigging your not sitting. I practice standing myself I never felt comfortable playing sitting with any guitar so little things like that are not an issue with me.

Most people that tell you something like that are just jealous palin and simple.

John

Election's over, buddy.

I agree with you to a point. I have played... four Gibson faded Vs so far. One of them was an amazing instrument and worth a lot more than the 900€ it was priced at. The others sounded okay (note - not good, just okay), but had horrible fretboards that totally killed the fun playing. They clearly were not worth the 900€. They would have been worth 600€ for the sound alone, but I'm not sure if I'd want a guitar that just doesn't feel good at all.
Quote by Jackolas
Hard to play sitting down.

Not true. I find it more natural to play a Flying V guitars than every other guitar shape, except Strat shaped guitars. And even then, a Rhoads shaped guitar beats a strat, imo. in terms of comfortablitiy.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by TheQuailman
Election's over, buddy.

LOL I saw that and fixed it.

My typing sucks and I am a slow typer, a lot of the times I post someone beats me to the punch. I also have a tendency to hit submit instead of preview so I have to go back and fix the spelling with the edit button.

Gibsons are hit or miss lately I do agree. I just got an amazing Explorer faded/worn brown that is one of the best ones I ever played and my guy at GC hooked me up with a great clearance price and with the HSC for $499.99. I have played some of the faded gibbys that just didn't cut it but there are ones out there that are like hitting the lottery I feel I did and if BaBaBoeGaH is happy I think he did well.

I just notice your in the Netherlands, is that price in Euros or another currency? I know you guys overseas have to pay high prices of stuff from the states. I would like to figure out what you paid in US bucks.

John
Quote by johnro6659
Gibsons are hit or miss lately I do agree. I just got an amazing Explorer faded/worn brown that is one of the best ones I ever played and my guy at GC hooked me up with a great clearance price and with the HSC for $499.99. I have played some of the faded gibbys that just didn't cut it but there are ones out there that are like hitting the lottery I feel I did and if BaBaBoeGaH is happy I think he did well.

Yeah, I think so, too. I saw you post pictures of the explorer in another thread, congrats on the nice find!

Quote by johnro6659

I just notice your in the Netherlands, is that price in Euros or another currency? I know you guys overseas have to pay high prices of stuff from the states. I would like to figure out what you paid in US bucks.

I'm from Germany actually. I checked one of the bigger online retailers, the faded V costs 750€ now, the '67 V costs roughly 1000€. That's 1065$ for the faded one and 1420$ for the '67. Taking into account import taxes (23% I think) that's still a lot of money. Well, if you want a Gibson, you want a Gibson I guess...