so, I have a chance to buy one of these. its the white model, and it was made in 1998. the person is selling it for 710 american...I personally think thats a little too much. what do you guys think? its in good condition, except a couple of things. the gold has faded especially on the tuners, and the pickups were changed to orville pickups...is this guitar worth 710?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
pic?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Seems high...
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
he's having a sly half - that's way too high IMO
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by wheatmore
pic?

I can an ebay link....thats where its being sold..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
That's worth it, it's an MIJ. They're really nicely made guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Just wait until you can find an elitist custom, they sell for about that price.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by Slone
Just wait until you can find an elitist custom, they sell for about that price.

lol, thats funny because I had found one, and I was going to buy it..but the guy sold it yesterday...it was an elitist les paul custom from 2002 in white, for 550....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I like Epis but I think over $700.00 is a bit much myself. With out pics I really can't say what I would pay. I can say I never paid anywhere near that price for a used Epi LP.

John
ok heres the link...

edit:well I dont want anyone else to get it..so I removed it the link..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Last edited by fifer at Dec 29, 2008,
The fact that it's long tenon makes it more interesting....

I had one of these for a while back in the 90's - I couldn't give the bloody thing away cos of the colour, ended up with £150
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by fifer
so, I have a chance to buy one of these. its the white model, and it was made in 1998. the person is selling it for 710 american...I personally think thats a little too much. what do you guys think? its in good condition, except a couple of things. the gold has faded especially on the tuners, and the pickups were changed to orville pickups...is this guitar worth 710?
If it's being shipped from Japan, the price is more than fair ... assuming there are no issues and no major dings or dents.

They usually come with either Gibson or Orville (old Gibson arm in Japan) PUs. I have one of those and compared to the MIJ Elitists I've auditioned, looks much better (with the proper headstock), better finish, and better PUs.

*posted from buddy's laptop*

IpponEdit: Remove the link! Somebody might snag it!
I wouldn't want to buy it without playing it, but it's probably really nice guitar. About 600 dollars would be sound, so just bid that.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Ippon

IpponEdit: Remove the link! Somebody might snag it!

haha I thought about that, but I didnt really care, because atleast it wont be killing me if I should buy it or not, lol. but yeah I removed it....thanks
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by Kurapica
I wouldn't want to buy it without playing it, but it's probably really nice guitar. About 600 dollars would be sound, so just bid that.

its weird, the guy has the buy now at 710 and the starting bid is also at 710...it doesnt make sense..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I'd buy it for $710.

Jesus Christ, some of you guys have no clue about guitars...

The Epiphones with Gibson style headstocks are MIJ guitars that are very much like the Elitists made exclusively for the Japan market. They're not the same Epiphones that are being sold here. They're far superior. If you like the white les paul custom look (I personally don't) then buy it, it's at least the same quality as an elitist, but without that fugly headstock.
Quote by al112987

+1

i haven't tried any MIJ epis, but assuming it's of siliar quality to the MIJ gibson copies i have tried, it's probably a very nice guitar, assuming it's in good condition and has been properly looked after...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by al112987
I'd buy it for $710.

The Epiphones with Gibson style headstocks are MIJ guitars that are very much like the Elitists made exclusively for the Japan market. They're not the same Epiphones that are being sold here. They're far superior. If you like the white les paul custom look (I personally don't) then buy it, it's at least the same quality as an elitist, but without that fugly headstock.

The elitists are the ones with the Gibson style headstock with a 2 screw TRC
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by Slone
The elitists are the ones with the Gibson style headstock with a 2 screw TRC

No, the Elitists look like this

The Japanese line of Epis have the Gibson style headstock (shown in the posts above)
ok I also found an epiphone that was made in korea in 1997...its a les paul standard plus, and I can buy it for exactly 375 (no taxes...)

which is better for the money?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Can't be sure which guitar is better until you play them and compare. If your buying used off the net you'll never know what your going to get. A guitar can look perfect in pics but when you get it there could be a ton of problems with the neck, hardware or electronics. If you can play a few your interested in you would be much better off. You can't go by the price because paying more does not mean your going to get quality.

John
I also found an mij epiphone les paul, for 525 plus 65 shipping, the only thing is that its missing the third inlay on the fretboard...idk which to buy, if any...
Quote by RetroGunslinger