I need some form of trem system on my B.C. Rich Jr.v, and yes you can put a bigsby on it, there are two ways, but thats not the point.
Would i be able to pull off divebombs with a bigsby or am i going to need to look into stetsbars?(there pretty expensive)
Quote by stratdud39
yeah and like 400 bucks to get it installed...

do it yourself then
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by stratdud39
yeah and like 400 bucks to get it installed...

Uhh install it yourself?
Quote by stratdud39
I need some form of trem system on my B.C. Rich Jr.v, and yes you can put a bigsby on it, there are two ways, but thats not the point.
Would i be able to pull off divebombs with a bigsby or am i going to need to look into stetsbars?(there pretty expensive)

Just.... no.
Neither a Bigsby, nor a stetsbar will work well for divebombs. Either buy a Floyd and get it installed or get a used Ibanez S from ebay. The latter is the cheaper option I think.
Quote by stratdud39
when you say no, you mean bigsby and divebomb dont mix right?

Yes.

Some even completely detune when you do what they're made for; subtle vibrato's. Stetbars are about the same, maybe a bit more stable, but definitely not 'divebomb-stable'. You want a proper Floyd Rose, and you know it.

Might be better of to get a better guitar all together though, I don't think a Jr. V is worth the money it takes installing it.
Quote by TheQuailman
Neither a Bigsby, nor a stetsbar will work well for divebombs. Either buy a Floyd and get it installed or get a used Ibanez S from ebay. The latter is the cheaper option I think.

so wait, thought the equivilation to a stetsbar was like a fender vintage tremelo?
But its more like a bigsby?
do it and see what happens
Bayside - Duality
Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Horse the Band - The Mechanical Hand
Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
Common - Be
Quote by Y00p
Yes.

Some even completely detune when you do what they're made for; subtle vibrato's. Stetbars are about the same, maybe a bit more stable, but definitely not 'divebomb-stable'. You want a proper Floyd Rose, and you know it.

Might be better of to get a better guitar all together though, I don't think a Jr. V is worth the money it takes installing it.

yeah but theres something special about this guitar...its like that mystical bond between the player and the guitar, just trust me on that one.
Would i need a router or could i just wing it and cut a hole in the body?
Quote by stratdud39
so wait, thought the equivilation to a stetsbar was like a fender vintage tremelo?
But its more like a bigsby?

The stetsbar is kind of the equivalent of a Fender trem. But those can't handle divebombing well.

There are some synchronized tremolos like Wilkinsons and some Schaller trems that only detune slightly when divebombing, but ultimately, you'd want a Floyd.
Quote by stratdud39
its still alot isnt it?
well how much do routers cost?
Would this be a risk ruining the guitar?
Do you guys no how much it would cost all together?

Yeah for an OFR your gonna be paying at least $150 just for the trem

Not sure on how much a router is

Yes you can ruin your guitar if your not careful and if your not 110% sure of what your doing
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by stratdud39
wait, it really truly does?
because I divebomb with strat whammys all the time, and if stetsbar is just like a strat whammy then i'll get the stetsbar.

Yeah, AFAIK it should do. I've been after a Stetsbar, but then I realised the guitar I play right now isn't great anyway.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by TheQuailman
The stetsbar is kind of the equivalent of a Fender trem. But those can't handle divebombing well.

There are some synchronized tremolos like Wilkinsons and some Schaller trems that only detune slightly when divebombing, but ultimately, you'd want a Floyd.

well at this point i'll go with whatever's cheaper..cuz i really dont mind divebombing with strats, i know the bridges dont float and it doesnt have much range but i could honestly care less.
Quote by rhcp_freak
Yeah, AFAIK it should do. I've been after a Stetsbar, but then I realised the guitar I play right now isn't great anyway.

lol
i think im goin with the stetsbar, unless anyone can change my mind..
Quote by stratdud39
well at this point i'll go with whatever's cheaper..cuz i really dont mind divebombing with strats, i know the bridges dont float and it doesnt have much range but i could honestly care less.

you can make it float.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
:/ why make life difficult for yourself?

Buy a guitar with a Floyd if you're really that desperate for divebombs, it doesn't even have to be an OFR, most LFR systems are just fine.
Quote by Mazzakazza

Buy a guitar with a Floyd if you're really that desperate for divebombs, it doesn't even have to be an OFR, most LFR systems are just fine.

Not most, some LFR's. Definitely not most.
I'd say most. There's only a few I wouldn't trust as much as the majority - which wouldn't you go for?

Obvious one, Edge III, most Ibby bridges are fine, Jackson LFRs are great imo, LTDs/ESPs I'd trust (Though I doubt they put LFRs on any ESPs, just OFRs? Not sure actually.)...B.C Riches probs not.
Quote by Mazzakazza

i cant, like really, i cant do that.
cant.
Just got the V, my parents would murder me if i got another guitar.
besides, i dont want another guitar.
A stetsbar will be just fine for me
Stetsbar!
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by stratdud39
cant.

So my question is if you wanted to do divebombs then why not got the FR version of that guitar?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by stratdud39
cant.

They'll murder you more when you try to install a Stetsbar (Which I think requires drilling holes in the body?) and fork up your guitar.

Quote by Mazzakazza
I'd say most. There's only a few I wouldn't trust as much as the majority - which wouldn't you go for?

Obvious one, Edge III, most Ibby bridges are fine, Jackson LFRs are great imo, LTDs/ESPs I'd trust (Though I doubt they put LFRs on any ESPs, just OFRs? Not sure actually.)...B.C Riches probs not.

While there are really good LFR's, indeed, I think they're greatly outnumbered by the sheer crap that 'Chinese' factories put out. There's so much crap out there, it's hilarious.
Most FR's I've played aren't quite that bad though, but not good either. The trick is that most are made out of low-quality, cheap and soft metal. They work fine when you try a guitar, decide to buy it, but then after a couple of months, the metal wears out and you're left with a crappy Floyd. This was the case on a Cort I've played (One of the higher models, still an LFR though), some LTD's as well.

Long story short, always investigate the LFR you're committing to.
Last edited by Y00p at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by Lethal Dosage
So my question is if you wanted to do divebombs then why not got the FR version of that guitar?

well you see, when i went to the guitar store, i tried out a ton of guitars, used and new.
it came down to the xiphos and the the b.c. rich.
and the b.c. rich just played better and felt better and sounded better.
and i honestly dont regret getting the V.
Bigsby trems aren't designed to to extreme bends - you could probably do it, to an extent, but don't expect the guitar to return to pitch properly.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by stratdud39
well you see, when i went to the guitar store, i tried out a ton of guitars, used and new.
it came down to the xiphos and the the b.c. rich.
and the b.c. rich just played better and felt better and sounded better.
and i honestly dont regret getting the V.

Didnt mean you regretted it just thought that if you wanted to divebomb you couldve just gotten the FR version of that same guitar im sure if the guitar store didnt have it they would have gladly ordered it for you.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Didnt mean you regretted it just thought that if you wanted to divebomb you couldve just gotten the FR version of that same guitar im sure if the guitar store didnt have it they would have gladly ordered it for you.

yeah but i got it used, for $300
it was probably so cheap cuz therer were no knobs, the bridge pup had rust on it, there were quit a few nicks in the binding, some on the body, and the neck had like black stuff on it.
I replaced the knobs with the ones from my old mg10
do keep in mind the ibanez was 500, so i guess it goes to show the price doesnt always matter, or me and this guitar are just meant to be