I've been playing a year now and i'm gonna start pushing myself to learn harder songs, I'm starting with Beast and the Harlet, Afterlife, Bat Country, and Almost Easy all by Avenged Sevenfold. If you could suggest anything that sounds like Pantera(i'm working on the walk solo),Avenged Sevenfold,BFMV,(Groove Metal Pretty much)or anything that can build sweep skills, solo skill, speed, or just sounds cool, I'd be willing to learn
thanks for any help
I should mention that i have been playing seriously, not just messing around all year, I've already learned the basics and am pretty good at alternate picking, palm muting techniques, arpeggiated chords, bends, vibrato, harmonics, pinch harmonics,and trilling, i'm not very good at tremolo/speed picking though
Last edited by tukk04 at Dec 29, 2008,
escape the fate-this war is ours

.......theres no sympathy for the dead-etf aswell :P
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
darkest hour, trivium, and all that remains have good solo stuff to work with

and darkest hour is about the fastest rhythm-wise as you can get, so if you wanna work on really fast down-stroking or alt. picking, check them out

songs like: doomsayer, demons, tranquil, these fevered times, or fire in the sky

EDIT: to the guy who said unholy confessions.. that's not really a song you should need any practice on..
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Last edited by cheez1492 at Dec 29, 2008,
As Blood Runs Black - good songs for building chops

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Skizye
+1 for darkest hour, and also you might wanna check out protest the hero

You definitely want to check out Protest the Hero.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Guilliotine pt. 2 by Escape the Fate has a nice sweeping section in the intro, should be sufficiently hard enough. Bleeding Mascgara by Atreyu has a cool intro and solo. Ex's and Oh's by Atreyu also has a cool solo. I think theres a Chiodos song with some good leads, idk the name right now. Pretty much any Mastodon song from Leviathan or Blood Mountain. The fastest ones I think are Aqua Dementia or Capillarian Crest. Crystal Skull and Colony of Birchmen have very cool solos.
i should mention i'm the lead guitarist for my band, but we on't have a rythm guitarist so i do that too
Waking the Demon is a great song to build up on.

You can build up your righthand if you downpick the main riff. It has the first considerably hard solo that I've played.

An Ocean Between Us works on your frethand-pickhand co-ordination on the verse riff.

Laid to Rest is a good song to get started on with downpicking. Work on downpicking this then go try it on Waking the Demon.

Rose of Shyrn has some great for building up your rythym playing.

And Thunder Horse Has that little sweeping section in it. You probably can't do it full-speed but it's a nice thing to practice at 60% speed.

Last, the intro to "Alaska" by Between the Buried and Me has a crazy sweeping part... you're probably not ganna be near full speed but it's another one of those things where it's still fun to practice it slow.
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Quote by Skizye
+1 for darkest hour, and also you might wanna check out protest the hero

You're nuts. Protest the Hero is way too hard for him. He can't play the solo to Walk by Pantera, no chance he'll be able to do PTH's crazy ****. I can't even play Bloodmeat, and Walk by Pantera is a walk in the park for me.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
try learning the sound of truth by as i lay dying
the solo in that is pretty legendaryy
banana man thx for them suggestions, I want to try some of them especially intro to walking the demon, very cool riff.
i can alread play waking the demon just not the solo, and i can play all of hearts burst into fire
anyone got some good Death Metal songs to build up guitaring skill?

bearing in mind i cannot play with a pick as i am a lefty using a righty guitar

advice???
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals