Is the Screamer worth the 100 quid extra?

The only differences I can identify are, the extra switching options, XLR line out, Reverb, and it's slightly bigger/heavier.

I've heard a lot of opinions on both amps, a lot of people say the Screamer is worth the extra money, whereas lots of other people say the Thunder can do mostly the same sounds for cheaper.

I do a lot of recording, so preamp out is useful, but I think I can run the effects out of the thunder into a DI for the same usage, Not too bothered about the extra sounds of the Screamer ATM, though my habits may change in the future.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by thedonutman at Dec 29, 2008,
can you try both? i haven't tried the thunder, unfortunately. the screamer does have an extra channel, if that matters...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, i guess it depends which the extra channel is.... i have no idea...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
possibly. i've also heard that the screamer gets more modern, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?